11. A Bet is a Bet- don't pussy out

A/N: So... this is awkward. It has been a really long time since I have updated this so I am very sorry! But I am back now. And I will definitely upload as much as possbile, as quickly as possible. I want to say thank you to everyone who has been continuing to support me the last couple of years- you inspire me.

Vote, Fan, Comment XxX

Eleven

A Bet is a Bet- don't pussy out

 Michelle

Two weeks and one day later

I stared up at the sky as I stepped out of my house. It was still mostly dark but there were hints of the rising sun and a mix of orange and pink that lit up the forest. I put my earphones in and turned it up to full blast. I stretched, twisted and turned before taking off on a full run into the forest.  

Blissful. Running was the only time I could just clear my head and not think at all. It was the only time I was perfectly in tune with my body. I could feel every pull and every strain. Feel the wind against my skin, smell the scent of trees and grass. I loved it. 

I didn’t want to think about school, how this was my senior year and I really needed to get a move on in applying to colleges. I didn’t want to think about my parents and how I haven’t seen or spoken to them in nearly a year since ‘the fight’. And I definitely didn’t want to think about… Lucas and that damn kiss. How soft his lips were. The feel of his body pressed against mine. His hand on my warm skin.

I stopped running. With my hands on my knees and my head hung forward, I began to pant. I couldn’t even hear the music or see the grass beneath my feet. All I could see was the moment we stared at each other after kissing, a look that had spoken volumes, a look that had said we both knew we were royally screwed.

Two Hours later

“No way,” I growled as I leaned against my locker, “there is no way in hell that I am doing it.”

“Michelle,” Jess sighed, shutting her locker and hugging her books to her chest. “A bet’s a bet- isn’t that what you’re always telling me?”

Yeah I did always say that but only when I was wining and dammit this time I lost. How could I lose? This was supposed to be a sure bet- the only thing anyone could count on was the ‘IT’ group’s fickleness and yet it had let me down. The impossible had happened: Seth and Callie had been dating for more than two weeks.

I don’t know how it happened or even why it happened, but everyone was talking about the unlikely couple. Then, Callie came sauntering over to us, with a smug look on her face that I just fucking hated. I mean look at her, I thought bitterly. She was pretty, very pretty. But why the hell would Seth date a girl who wears a chocker, dies her nails black and spiked her hair?

“So ready for your dates?” She smirked.

“Of course and if by ready you mean preferring to pluck out my eyebrows hair by hair then gluing them back on then repeating the whole process, then yeah. I’m more than ready.”

Callie laughed. “No need to be so excited.”

I gave her a dry look. 

“So,” Jess said, turning to her with a bright look. “Tell me, tell me. What’s it like dating the resident bad boy?” 

"It's great."

Jess frowned when she didn't say anymore. "That's it? Come on, hook a girl up. Give us the low down. Tell your peeps the deets."