Part 12 - Interfered

Takashiri continued to watch Boruto for the next couple weeks but did not discover anything overly interesting about the boy – he was just an ordinary human child, that was a very skilled, young shinobi

But Takashiri trusted Toneri and stayed to protect him. He made a promise after all.

Keeping his distance, Takashiri was mostly concerned that Momoshiki's spirit sensing his presence. But so far, he's been lucky. The closet he had gotten to Boruto, was when he confronted him that night and he hasn't sensed anything out of the ordinary.

Right now, Takashiri was staring up at the moon (again), while staying within proximity to Boruto. The boy was sound asleep, and he had been doing very well – excelling in class, training very hard and even developed his own jutsu – a new high-pressure rasengan.

To say Takashiri was impressed, was an understatement.

The boy's chakra control was otherworldly. Not just anyone had that kind of control, especially at such a young age – and to an Otsutsuki, that's really saying something. Takashiri smiled at the boy. He really was becoming quite fond of Boruto and wanted nothing more than to help guide him. But it wasn't quite the right time to interfere...

-

[Boruto P.O.V]

It's been a couple months since my confrontation with the likely Otsutsuki, and I was kept under constant supervision, whether it was my dad, Sasuke Sensei, or Konohamaru Sensei.

I was never alone, and although it was frustrating at times, I just had to deal with it.

I understood why, but still...

Overall, I've been doing pretty good.

Despite almost dying and facing unexpected emotional roadblocks, I'd really proven myself as a shinobi and enhanced my physical strength.

My Karma hasn't activated, but I have managed to keep my emotions in check; trying not to get too worked up about stuff. Dad theorised that my emotions could be linked to how my Karma behaves – which made sense. Every time I got angry or sad, the Karma activated.