Devil Doesn't Bargain - Hwang Hyunjin

Your best friend Hyunjin stares at you as you are applying ointment to a bruise you had on your left cheek. Where did you get the bruise from? Your boyfriend. More like your toxic boyfriend. Worry was written all over Hyunjin's face.

You had called him crying since you and your boyfriend had gotten into an argument and it got pretty heated. It then leads to your boyfriend harshly pushing you and you taking a hard tumble down the stairs. Hyunjin had rushed over to your house. He offered to help treat your bruises but you refused. This wasn't the first time your boyfriend had done something like this.

"Why do you keep doing this to yourself, Y/n?" Hyunjin asks.

You stayed silent as you continued to treat your bruise. Hyunjin knew how abusive he was to you. He also knew how much he lied to you. You always brushed it off and told Hyunjin you could change your boyfriend. But Hyunjin didn't believe that at all.

"You're so sure you can change him, but you won't. He'll only break your heart again."Hyunjin says.

"But I can. You don't know him like I do." You say.

Hyunjin lets out a huge sigh and walks over to you. He then grabs the ointment out of your hand and makes you face him. He now had a pissed look on his face.

"Do you think he's Prince Charming? He'll never be that. He'll only keep harming you" Hyunjin says. "I'm not trying to sound mean here but Y/n I'm worried for you. I can't keep seeing you like this."

He then grabs your hand and takes you into your living room and makes you both sit down on the couch.

"I want what's best for you in the end. I know you don't want to let go. But yet you're so sure you can change him." Hyunjin says.

Hot and fresh tears were making their way out of your eyes. You put your head down not wanting Hyunjin to see your face. You knew he was right but didn't want to admit it. Hyunjin was only looking out for you and you knew that. But you were scared to lose your boyfriend and were scared of what he would do to you if you let him go.

"It isn't worth it darling, he's never gonna change." Hyunjin says.

"Why do you care so much?" You say.

"Because I care for you. You're my best friend Y/n." Hyunjin says. "You've known me longer than him."

"And If you're right? What do I do? What if he comes after me?" You say as your voice shakes.

"I'll protect you." Hyunjin says.

You raise your head to look over at him. When your eyes meet his there is something about the way he is looking at you that makes butterflies form in your stomach. Which you didn't understand why. He was your best friend and you've never seen him more than that. Or maybe you were also lying to yourself about that too.

"The devil doesn't bargain, Y/n." Hyunjin says.

"I-I'm scared, Hyun." You say as hot tears start streaming down your face.

"As long as I'm here no one will harm you."Hyunjin says as he brings you into his embrace.

You stayed in his arms for a little while as you cried into his chest. His presence just calmed you down and made you feel safe. You then got out of his embrace and he wiped off the leftover tears on your face. He stared at you as he cupped your face.

You are about to say something but are cut off by Hyunjin. He suddenly places his lips onto yours. He kissed you gently as if you were the most fragile thing in the world. You don't pull away but you are shocked by his action.
The kiss makes flames run down your spine. Hyunjin pulls away and stares at you.