Chapter 10: Attention

Jahseh pov/ Miami FL/ Stokeleys apartment/ 10:35 am July 4th

The tension in the house was thick as fuck, you could cut it with a knife. Maze has been in Stokeley's room and I could just hear them arguing, I kind of felt bad but I don't think I was in the wrong. I know Stokeley can fight his own battles but as long as I'm around, I won't sit there wan watch him get disrespected by some bitch, the fuck?

"I seriously can't believe you would sit there and let a little kid talk to me like that. Are you serious?" I was seriously tired of hearing Maze argue, it wasn't even Stokeley arguing with her anymore, she was just arguing with herself.

I let out a sigh as I opened my bedroom door to go grab the food I had ordered. I would make something to eat but I wanna avoid Maze as much as possible, I'm not scared of her or anything cause if a hoe got some to say to me, she know where I be at and I will clear a bitch.

I opened the door and got the food, I closed the door softly not trying to draw attention. I put the food on the counter and I hear a door open. I guess I wasn't quiet enough, I looked up to see Stokeley. He was wearing no shirt and black sweatpants, he looked down and then back up. "If you were hungry, I could've made you something or we could've gone out to eat" Stokeley walked over and rested his arms on the counter.

"No offense but I don't wanna be around Maze" I softly replied, I walked towards the fridge to grab a juice box or something. "Who said anything about Maze? Just the two of us" I turned my head and Stokeley had his head tilted as if he was asking.

"It's only 10, I'm sure something open", I felt heat rise to my face and my heart fluttered a little bit. "I'll give this breakfast to Maze" I spoke closing the fridge, "Sounds like a plan".

--------

Stokeley and I went to Ihop, he didn't tell Maze we were leaving so that's probably another argument waiting to happen, "Look, I'm sorry if I made shit worse between you and Maze, man" I apologized cutting into my stake.

Stokeley looked up at me and just shrugged, "It's all good, I knew you were gonna say something eventually" I guess Stokeley had a right to expect that.

Stokeley and I were raised as brothers, I guess. Our moms were best friends who also dated some best friends so I guess it was no surprise they were both deadbeats. Stokeley's mom got pregnant at 16 and had Stokeley at 17, her parents weren't thrilled so they kicked her out.

My grandparents and my mom took her in and they helped her raise Stokeley for a bit, then when my mom was 19 she had me. It was rough but we were never alone. Stokeley and I were raised to have each other's back, just like our moms did for each other.

Our moms always told us to look out for each other, if one of us got into a fight the other one would come in swinging as well. It's always been me and Stokeley, I even have a picture of Stokeley holding me as a baby with tears coming down his face because he was so happy.

If you saw me, Stokeley wasn't trailing too far behind and vice versa. I think I've always had a crush on Stokeley, it may not have been as...heavy. As it is now, but now that I think about it, my crush on Stokeley has always been there.

I always caught myself admiring him and the way he looked, the way he spoke, his laugh, his mannerisms, and everything else. I always had a special feeling for Stokeley, I always brushed it off as him being my best friend but I loved him.

"YO" I heard Stokeley speak snapping his fingers in my face, "huh?" I looked up, "you just zoned out. You okay?". I gave him a nod and we just kind of looked at each other, "I'm just remembering some stuff from when we were young".