101:"Eugh"

May 9th/ Stokeley's pov/ Stokeley's apartment/ 10:13 AM

   I was in the kitchen thinking about what to eat for breakfast. Jahseh was on the couch watching something on the TV. When I woke up he wasn't in the bed, it didn't worry me because I assumed he was in the bathroom or like in the kitchen or something. But when I got up and went to see what he was doing, he was knocked out on the couch. It hurt my feelings a bit and I don't even know why. It's not that serious, so what if he wanted to rest on the couch? No harm in that.

   I let out a sigh before lazily walking out of the kitchen and toward the living room. Jahseh glanced over at me before looking back at the TV. "Any ideas for breakfast?" I raised an eyebrow and he shook his head. I've been observing Jahseh and so far it just seems like he doesn't want me near him. For example, in the airport he was trailing so slow behind me. When we got home, he laid on the whole other side of the bed and proceeded to compact himself, then moved and slept on the couch. Now when I walked in the living room, he put his feet on the couch.

   I have no issue with him putting his feet on the couch, I honestly don't give a damn. Maybe I'm reaching though, these could be our coincidences and he doesn't mean it. But it feels like he means it. I sat on the couch across from him and slid my phone out of my pocket. I forgot to check that text I got last night, I wonder what was so important that he had to text me at damn near midnight. I mean, usually I'm up and awake at midnight. Especially, on a a Friday night, but Kamori tired me out. I went to instagram and clicked on his name.

   I looked at the text he sent me and it caused me to raise my eyebrows. "Yo, ik its late but I found out that Jah & Ty aren't suspended, they js can't come to school cus they got an investigation going on n jahs mom is tryna sue the school or sum". What the fuck did I just read. I glanced over at Jahseh, curious on what the hell actually happened and why won't he say anything to me.

   Investigation? Suing the school? I wanted to ask him about it, but how do I bring it up? Should I wait for him to bring it up? "Yk what the investigation is for?" I responded back. I scratched my chin before putting my phone down. I don't think I'm gonna say anything until I know what fully happened, or he brings it up first. I felt my stomach growl and I rested my head back on the couch. What am I gonna eat? I'm not in the mood for pancakes or waffles. Eggs are overused, I don't want any cereal.

   We could probably got to that cafe we went to that one time. Their food is good and I didn't have any complaints when I went, but I don't wanna leave the house right now. Oh shit, some French toast would be good as fuck right now. I glanced over at Jahseh he was on his phone. He was texting someone and he looked a bit aggravated. "You want sum to eat?", he looked over at me "what are we gonna eat?". "French toast" I replied getting off of the couch. "Uh, okay" he shrugged going back to his phone.

   I moved my hair out of my face as I walked to the pantry to get some bread. Jahseh's mom called earlier to check in on him and I told he was okay, nothing much really going on. I miss having Jahseh all over me, grabbing me, telling me about random shit, asking me dumb ass questions, I miss all of that. I wish he would just tell me whatever he was going through. I heard some shuffling in the living room and then some footsteps. I walked out of the pantry with the bread in my hand. Jah was sitting on the counter but on the far side.

   It made have a question or two, like why is he sitting so far? But I'm not gonna question it. It's like he wants to be near me but not close to me, if that makes sense...? I placed the bread on the counter and walked toward the fridge and grabbed the eggs and milk. I rested them on the counter and grabbed a bowl from the dish rack. I walked to the cabinet and rested my hands on my hips while putting all my of my weight on one leg.

   I heard a quiet laugh which caused me to glanced behind me to see Jahseh with a tiny smile on his face that he tried to hide. "What are you laughing at?" I raised an eyebrow, "Nigga, you're so gay" he said through his laugh. I furrowed my eyebrows, "What did I do now?'. He took another glance at me before laughing again. "Look at the way you're standing". I looked down and rolled my eyes before taking my hands off of my hips. "Standing like that is so comfortable" I rolled my eyes before turning back to the cabinet.