Chapter 45: Who's looking at my man?

Jahseh pov/ December 23rd/ 9:08 pm/ Christmas Eve party

Stokeley got us matching sweaters for this party which I thought was super cute, I had lost Stokeley a few minutes ago but wasn't worried because I knew I would find him eventually. I had a few shots when I first got here but that was enough for me because I can't handle my liquor without wanting Stokeley to take me to the bathroom.

I moved my hair out of my face as I moved through the crowd, the music was almost deafening. Whoever was on the aux needed to go the fuck off, they went from playing "All I Want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey to some bullshit Christmas drill song.

It was getting a little hot in here so I needed to find someplace to sit down, or maybe go to the kitchen and grab something to drink because I was starting to get thirstier than a motherfucka. I walked to the kitchen and spotted Stokeley resting his back on the counter and talking to some guy.

"Jahsehhh" he said with a smile and I could tell this nigga was out of it, at least a little. He stretched his arm out signaling for me to come, I walked over and he wrapped his arm around me. The guy chuckled before leaving "I'll leave y'all alone" walking off, "You okay?' he spoke kissing my forehead.

"Yeah, are you?" I rested my head on his chest. He nodded and held me close, "I'm thirsty" I slightly whined. "Get something to drink, baby" he spoke letting me go I sighed before walking to the cooler and opening it, "hmm" I hummed.

I grabbed an iced tea and cracked it open. I walked back to Stokeley and rested my back on his chest, I looked down at his hand to see him holding a bottle. "What's that?" I questioned, he looked at me and then down at his hand.

"Oh, it's just henny. Wanna try it?" I nodded my head and he opened the bottle, he lifted my head back by my chin which slightly gave me butterflies. He poured some into my mouth before letting go of my face.

I scrunched my nose and Stokeley laughed "Goddamn" I said rubbing my chest, "That made my whole body hot" Stokeley continued to laugh and I drank my iced tea. The party was getting kind of dull and I was ready to go back home.

I let out a sigh before stretching, I glanced across the room and made eye contact with this guy. I couldn't tell if he was looking at me or Stokeley but I'd been peeping him the whole night and I didn't like it.

I didn't like being stared at unless it was by Stokeley and I don't appreciate my boyf-, my uhm. Whatever the fuck, being stared at by some random. I looked away and eased up off of Stokeley, "I'll be back" I said walking out of the kitchen.

I wanted to find out who this nigga was looking at, I walked out of his sight but kept my eyes on him. His eyes were no longer on me and I could see he was looking at Stokeley. Stokeley was on his phone and he wasn't paying him any attention.

I saw the guy tap his friend and point in Stokeley's direction, he made his way over and I continued to watch. He rested on the counter in front of Stokeley. I saw his lips move and Stokeley's head got out of his phone.

I watched them converse and I watched the guy's body language, Stokeley kept his distance but the guy kept slightly touching him, either it was to touch his chain and say something, or to look at his rings.

I tell by Stokeley's body language that he didn't wanna talk to the nigga but he didn't want to be disrespectful, I made my way back over and Stokeley glanced at me looking relieved. "I'm back", the guy looked at me with a nasty look before continuing to talk to Stokeley. I moved Stokeley's hair out of his face and softly rubbed his jaw.

I could see the guy's expression change and it almost made me laugh. I gently turned Stokeley's face toward me and pressed my lips against his. Stokeley pulled me closer and I could feel him smile, I opened an eye to see the guy's face and he had left.