Chapter 18: Boy trouble

August 18th/ Jahseh's pov/Stokeley's apartment/10:01 am

I've been avoiding Stokes like the plague, the hickeys on my neck and chest were starting to fade but when I first saw them I wanted to call Jamar back here so I could beat him ass because why would he do that?? How was I supposed to wear a shirt, I'm not gonna wear a turtle neck because we are in fucking Florida in the middle of summer.

I hate stupid niggas, even if that includes myself. I was lying down in my room with the door closed and the lights off I was watching Netflix on my laptop and the A/C was on. I was hungry but Stokeley had been in the living room all day and I didn't wanna see him, not because I didn't wanna apologize but I just didn't want it to be awkward.

I mean, Stokes knows I already lost my virginity, but over the summer he's been acting like more of a parent than a best friend which is kind of throwing off the vibes. I know he's trying to protect his ass and not get in trouble so I can come back but damn.

I was on the phone with my mom last night and she said she booked my ticket for next week on the 30th so I can spend every last moment with Stokeley but still have time to prepare for school and give Stokeley some time to prepare for college.

Watching the summer fly by so quickly was rough, but I hope it keeps the same pace when school starts. I heard my stomach growl and I groaned as I finally closed my computer and rolled out of my bed.

I peeked out the door and quietly walked out, I peeked around the corner and saw Stokeley sitting in the chair that was backing the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and glanced around, I know we bought pop tarts the other day so I was probably going to get those and call it a day.

I would order food but that would require coming out here, going to the door, and getting seen by Stokeley. I stood on my tippy toes as I reached on top of the fridge of the s'mores pop tarts, there was only one pack left in the box so I grabbed it by the very edge trying to make little to no noise.

"If you think I'm deaf and couldn't hear your door open" Stokeley chuckled standing up. Don't come over here, please. I thought to myself before quickly turning around to get a drink out of the fridge.

The fridge door closed and I looked behind me, can a young nigga get some juice in peace? Damn. "You've been avoiding me" Stokeley spoke backing up to give me a little room, "No I haven't", Yes I have.

"You haven't said a word to me in 3 days." He looked kind of hurt but to be honest he always looks a little sad. "I've just been relaxing" I shrugged, "You don't think I hear your footsteps running to your room when I put my keys in the door?" I raised an eyebrow at me, basically asking me if I thought he was stupid, my mom does the same thing.

"I'm not even tight that you fucked somebody while I wasn't here, I know you be getting your freak on or whatever. But Jamar?? Out of all nigga's? And you tried to lie to me about it, when did you start lying to me?" He actually looked hurt this time.

I don't know when I started lying to him but it sucks, "Okay, I get that you don't like Jamar but you can't really get mad at who I fuck, that's my choice. I'm sorry I lied to you but why did you approach me so aggressively? This whole summer has really fucked our vibe, to be honest. You started acting like a parent more than a best friend.

"You're right, it's none of my business who you fuck. But as your best friend who cares about you, I don't wanna see a nigga hurt you. I'm sorry for being aggressive with you, and I'm sorry for fucking up the vibe" He leaned back on the counter.

Why didn't I apologize days ago? This was so easy. "All is forgiven, you still upset?" He shook his head.

"So we're still gonna do that manatee kayaking thing?", I completely forgot about that. "Yeah, when are we doing it?".