Chapter 48: Everyone Hates Stokeley

December 25th/ Jahseh's pov/4:30 pm/ Restaurant

    "So what the fuck happened?" Stokeley's mom stood in front of me with her arms crossed and my mom stood beside her, not saying anything. I looked at her and she looked disappointed, but I could tell she didn't know what to do either. I can't tell her what happened because I would have to out Stokeley and I know I almost did but I have a clear mind now and feel bad about that. "Well?" she tilted her head, Maze was still inside at the table trying to call Stokeley because she was worried. "I can't tell you" I mumbled, she raised an eyebrow "Y'all done raised a whole damn scene in the restaurant so you better start talking". I could tell she was more concerned than mad and had every reason to be.

   "Maybe you should leave it alone Steph" My mom rested her hand on her shoulder, "Cleo, these boys have never yelled at each other like that" She looked at my mom. "I know, but it's none of our business". Stokeley's mom just sighed before resting her hand on her head, "I'm not angry. Just concerned" She rested her hand on my cheek. "I love y'all boys to pieces, so seeing you scream at each other and him yanking you like that just scared me".

   I understood where she was coming from, I looked over at my mom and she looked defeated. "Momma" I spoke taking her hand off of my face, she looked at me and I sighed. "Stokeley and I...uh" I looked back over at my mom nodded at me, "Stokeley and I had something going on" I looked away from her and at the floor. It went quiet and I glanced up at my mom but my mom was looking at Stokeley's mom. "Something going on?" She repeated, "Like what? Y'all was dating?".

   "I mean, we never..we never put a label on things" She turned around to look back at my mom, "Cleo, you knew about this?" I could hear the confusion in her voice while she pointed at me. My mom softly nodded and Stokeley's mom put her hand down, "And you ain't say nothing to me?". "Steph, that's not my place" my mom responded, Stokeley's mom just nodded. "I'll be back to that later". "Back to you" she pointed at me, "So what was this? Y'all was fuckin and that was it?" she tilted her head.

   "No..?" I said a bit confused. "Why were y'all fighting?" Stokeley's mom moved her hair out of her face, where do I even begin? So much had happened between us that I didn't know what to include and what not to include. "I found out that Stokeley had been playing me and Maze", she didn't even let a moment of silence kick in before I heard her yell "WHAT?". I knew she wasn't upset with me but it still frightened me, "Explain" she spoke.

   "Well before I came home back in August, Stokeley and I admitted our feelings for each other and we ended up having...you know" I looked away from her. "After that, he said he wasn't ready for a relationship and he just had me confused" I remembered all the emotional pain he put me through. "Oh god, sound just like his fucking daddy" she sighed.

   "When he came to visit for Thanksgiving, we talked things out and we were okay by the time he went back home when we came over here for Christmas he made me feel like this was gonna be something real" I could feel a few tears run down my face and I wiped them, I was so sick of crying these past few days. So fucking tired in general, I need a nap or something.

   "Awe, baby" she wiped the tears that kept coming, "We had sex, almost every day multiple times, He took me on dates, set up romantic baths, and just made me feel so loved" My voice started to crack and his mom pulled me into a hug. "Then on Christmas Eve, his phone kept buzzing, and buzzing again and again so I checked it".

   I wiped my tears and continued to talk "It was Maze telling him that she missed him and loved him", I took a moment to pause but that made me want to cry even more. "I confronted him about it and it felt like the worst thing to do because it just hurt so bad".

  His mom held me tighter and just let me cry, "Why would he do all of that just to be with someone else? Why would he make me feel that way, do those things and everything else? I feel used and disgusted".