xxix

The world as Hadley Weasley knew it was changing. There hadn't been a threat as big as this since the first Wizarding war, which, luckily, she was too young to remember. The Dark Lord's army was stronger now, people were disappearing daily, murders were happening left and right...It could all end here.

She wasn't scared. She should be; she knows what the Death Eaters are capable of, but living in fear doesn't do anyone any good. Now was the time to be brave. To stand up and fight for the future of her world. If not for herself, then for her family.

"Hadley!"

"Fred! George!"

Hadley jumped off her broomstick once it landed and threw herself into her brothers' arms. The triplets embraced each other tightly outside of 4 Privet Drive.

"What took you guys so long?" Fred asked.

"Oh, um..." Hadley chuckled uncomfortably and glanced over at her fiancé, Nymphadora Tonks. She pulled her red hair over her shoulder to cover up the marks on her neck.

"Actually, nevermind." Fred shook his head as George gave Tonks the that's my little sister look with narrowed eyes. "I don't wanna know."

"Not my fault she can't keep her hands to herself," Hadley mumbled, shrugging as she followed them up the driveway to the front door.

"It was your fault for being reckless and teasing me while we were up there, hen," Tonks whispered, stealing a quick kiss as Hagrid knocked on the door. Harry opened it a few seconds later.

"Hello, Harry!" Hagrid beamed. Ron rushed forward to hug his best friend, Hermione Granger following behind him. "You're looking fit."

"Yeah, he's absolutely gorgeous," Mad-Eye growled. "What say we get undercover before someone murders him?"

Hadley chuckled and followed the others into the house. She gave Harry a quick hug before going over to stand with Fred and George.

"Kingsley, I thought you were looking after the prime minister?" Harry questioned when he spotted the man.

"You are more important," Kingsley told him.

"Hey, Harry, guess what?" Tonks called out to him. "Haddie and I–"

"Alright, alright, we'll have time for the cozy catch-up later," Mad-Eye said, cutting her off as he entered the room. "We've got to get the hell out of here, and soon. Potter, you're underage, which means you've still got the Trace on you."

"What's the Trace?" Harry asked.

Hadley face-palmed and shook her head. How, after six years in their world, was there still so much that Harry didn't know?

"It's what the Ministry uses to detect underage magic outside of school," she told him. "It's how they knew you used the Patronus charm two years ago."

"If you sneeze, the Ministry will know who wipes your nose," Mad-Eye added with a hint of sarcasm. "The point is, we have to use those means of transport the Trace can't detect. Brooms, thestrals, and the like. We'll go in pairs. That way if anyone's out there waiting for us, and I reckon there will be...they can't know which Harry Potter is the real one."

"The real one?" Harry frowned deeply, his brows raising.

Mad-Eye smirked and took a flask out of his robe pocket. "I believe you're familiar with this particular brew."

"No." Harry shook his head. "Absolutely not."

"Told you he'd say that, genius." Hadley crossed her arms, and Mad-Eye narrowed his normal eye at her.