Chapter 3

Prudence was the first to wake up the next day after their steamy night.And she smiled seeing how tightly Alex held onto her.

"Hey",she said softly running her fingers on his arm and he hummed in response.Indicating that he was awake."We need to get up"

"Five more minutes",Alex said tightening his hold on Prudence.

"No.I want to show you the town today so get up", Prudence insisted and Alex groaned in annoyance unwrapping his arm from her body.

Prudence immediately rolled out of bed only wince in pain when she tried to stand.

"What's wrong?",Alex questioned with worry.

"Nothing.I'm fine",she replied getting back up and fighting through the pain to the washroom.

She brushed her teeth and got into the shower when Alex decided to join her.He quickly brushed his teeth and entered the shower with her.Wrapping his arms around her waist as the water fell on their bodies.

"What are you doing?", Prudence questioned with a smile.

"Conserving water",Alex replied making Prudence chuckle.

They took the bath together and moments later they were on their way to town.Prudence was driving since she knew area best and she first took them to a coffee shop.There,they had their breakfast as Prudence recounted her mother would meet up with her friends in that same shop whenever they came over.

But when Alex asked where her mother's friends were, Prudence simply replied that they moved away.Claiming not to know anymore on the subject.

After they finished their food, Prudence took them for a drive so she could show Alex all the spots she visited as a child.While on their tour, Prudence saw someone she never expected to see after such a long time.She immediately stopped the car and got out.

"Lou?",she called out to the brunette walking by the side of the road.

The woman immediately stopped and turned around in surprise.

"Oh my....Louisa,it is you", Prudence confirmed running towards her long lost friend."I never thought I'd see you again",she added hugging Louisa in happiness.

"Oh my God.It's been years", Louisa hugged Prudence back tightly with a huge smile on her face.

Just then Alex also got out of the car and on spotting him, Louisa couldn't help but stare in awe.She had returned to town a few years ago and within these years,she had never come across a man as handsome as the one coming towards her.

Tall, muscular,slightly tanned and incredibly handsome.He was exactly her type.It was almost as if he walked right out of her wet dreams.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you,Lou", Prudence said snapping Louisa who was at the  verge of drooling,put of her trance.

"Oh uh....I've missed you too", Louisa said reluctantly pulling her eyes away from the sexy man now standing next to Prudence."So, aren't you gonna introduce me?",she whispered to Prudence with an innocent smile.

"Oh,right.This is my long lost but now found childhood bestfriend, Louisa Tillman", Prudence said to Alex."Lou,this is my dashing husband,Alex Reign",she added smiling up at Alex who smiled down at her.

While the couple exchange this loving look,they missed the evident look of jealousy that flushed on Louisa's face.

"Nice to meet you", Louisa said masking her emotions with a fake smile as she extended her hand towards Alex.Making the couple look back at her.

"The pleasure is all mine",Alex smiled shaking Louisa's hand and unknown to him,her heart fluttered.

"So how did you too meet?", Louisa asked forcing herself to let go of Alex's hand.

"We can talk about all that over dinner.You should come by the lake house tonight", Prudence quickly extended an invitation, wanting to catch up with her bestfriend.

"Sure.Be there by seven", Louisa quickly accepted."I've gotta run but it was nice seeing you again Prudence",she smiled."And lovely meeting you Alex",she added looking up at Alex.

And for just a brief second, Alex thought he saw something flush in her eyes but thought nothing of it.

"Bye", Prudence waved Louisa off before returning to the car with Alex as Louisa began to walk away.

They soon drove off passing Louisa and she glared at the back of the car as it drove away.

Night soon came and Louisa arrived at the lake house by taxi.She dressed in one of her most provocative dresses.A thigh length black armless dress that showcased her luscious curves.

"Wow.You look hot", Prudence complimented with a smile as she let Louisa into her home.

"This old thing? Please.You're the knock off here", Louisa smiled even though she was mocking Prudence's appearance in her head.

She wore a simple knee length floral print dress with pearls.Almost like a suburban housewife,which gave Louisa the impression that Alex was the sole bread winner.She thought she had finally beat Prudence at something since she had a job.

She used to always lose to Prudence when theu were children.So this little victory ment alot to her.Which is quite unfortunate for her,since she was terribly mistaken.

"So,where do you work Alex?", Louisa asked as they sat down to eat.

"I'm an author",Alex replied with a smile.

"I see.So have you sold anything yet?", Louisa continued to ask genuinely intrigued.She wanted to know just how much money Alex was making.

"Currently,just one.But I'm working on a second"

"His really good", Prudence chipped in with a proud smile.

"I'm sure he is", Louisa smiled making a mental note to check out the book Alex was talking about later."What about you, Prudence?Where do you work?",She questioned skillfully hiding the mockery in her tone.

"I have my own company,PKT chain of companies.I'm sure you've heard of it", Prudence replied and Louisa's smile nearly fell.

She wanted to mock Prudence for being an ordinary housewife but now,it turns out the jokes on her.Because Prudence isn't just a working wife but technically,her boss.She worked for a branch of her company.

Her blood boiled with jealousy.Ever since they were children,she had never won against Prudence in anything.She had the best of everything and even now she still did.She was only a CEO but was married to the man of Louisa's dream.

And what did she get? Nothing.Sure,she had a job but the things she had to do to get where she is wasn't easy.And she didn't even have a boyfriend due to the inadequate good looking men in the town.

Life just wasn't fair to Louisa and it made her angrily jealous that Prudence seemed to have it easy.