Chapter 3: A Genuine Friend

Rimuru POV

When Sylvia wasn't working on the dimensional rift, she'd spend time with us, talking and doing all sorts of things. Those hours turned into days, which turned into weeks while we spent every moment in each other's company. 

We also trained rigorously. Art worked on channeling mana and I worked on my pressure. To explain it more simply, back in my world, I had the pressure or "haki" of a True Dragon. This pressure could even drive Awakened Demon Lords to their knees. But in my current life, the most I could do was intimidate my opponents, which would be useless in a life-threatening situation. 

Sylvia: Also I've been meaning to ask, but how have you two formed fully fledged mana cores and able to utilize mana better than most human mages when the age for awakening in humans is 13 and up? 

Art: Our parents call us geniuses!

Sylvia: Then maybe you will be able to learn it...

Rimuru: Learn what?

Sylvia: To absorb mana while moving and perhaps while fighting if you become good enough. 

Sylvia started absorbing the mana particles around her, making her mana signature bigger.

Art: H-how are you doing that? 

Sylvia: Humans have a very linear mindset in regards to mana. Just start your way with small movements and move up from there.

Rimuru: Like this? 

It was shockingly easy to do. Call it luck, call it experience, but I started to do the same thing that Sylvia was doing, if not more efficiently. 

Art: W-wow! How're you doing that?!

Sylvia: In all my years...I have never seen a human pick this up so quickly...

Art started clenching his fist and unclenching, trying to gather mana while doing simple movements like Sylvia had told us to no avail. 

Art: Easier said than done. I guess Ri really is the better genius.

Rimuru: Since when do you use that nickname?

Sylvia: Ri, can I speak to you alone for a moment please?

Rimuru: Sure what's up?

We walked to the opposite end of the cave while Art was still trying to gather mana unconsciously.

Sylvia: I have noticed that your "haki" or pressure rivals mine even at such a young age but it seems to be underdeveloped. Would you like me to help you take it to the next level?

Are you serious?! I was just thinking about this and a golden opportunity appears a second later! My luck really is insane.

< Hmph! I could do that for you in one second master! >

> Then it wouldn't be fun Ciel... <

Rimuru: Yes, please teach me. 

More days passed and Sylvia taught me three ways of using "haki" to reinforce myself. 

Sylvia: There are three main ways to reinforce yourself using "haki" or "willpower". Those three ways are Armament, Observation, and Conqueror. I must warn you, these ways of utilizing "haki" can be very beneficial in fights but I doubt your body can handle it...

Rimuru: I can handle it. Please teach me. 

The first one I learned was Armament. In a sense, Armament was a way to use your own spiritual energy and convert it into an invisible armor that could coat your body, enhancing all of your attacks and defense.