Chapter 8: The Invaders' Demise

Arthur POV

Arthur: Huh? Screams? 

Was it an attack? 

Regardless of what is was, I quickly ran to the location of the screams and what I saw made my blood boil. 

Humans...Yes, humans. My own kind, taking pleasure in slaying the mean of other races while selling the children and women. Armed with nothing, I dashed into the fray and charged up mana into my right fist, creating a mana sword, the technique I used on the bandits earlier. 

While not killing the invaders, I swiftly cut at the tendons and muscles in their calves and thighs, rendering them victim to Elenoir's guards. 

Invader #1: What! There's a child mage here! Look out for your legs! 

Tch...they caught on. 

One invader singled me out and he was armed with a rapier, a tough weapon to defend against, mostly used for thrusts and not slashes. And that's why...

I anticipated the man's first attack, a bold thrust to my chest and countered with my mana sword. I slashed randomly at his lower thigh, hoping to distract him and the moment he looked away, I pierced his neck, making him gawk in fear at me before falling to the ground. 

Haaa...Haaa...That took waaaay too much effort. I need to work on my stamina. 

Invader #2: Watch out brat! 

Crap! I can't dodge this one! 

I braced for impact but it never came. I peeked out and found a familiar boy with long blue hair, catching the invader's sword and breaking it with one hand, not even batting a sweat. 

Rimuru: Attacking from the back is pretty disrespectful dontcha think? 

Invader #2: W-what?! With his bare hands?! 

Ri simply let out a barrage of punches in a fluid order, hitting all of the invader's pressure points in his chest, stomach, and upper thighs. He finished him off, putting a mixture of his mysterious black energy and mana into his fist, making the invader go flying into two other invaders. 

He looked down at me grinning selfishly. 

Rimuru: Ooh if I weren't there--!

Arthur: Shaddup! 

He helped me up, still laughing and I had to admit, I was way weaker than I thought I was right now if one invader made me lose half my stamina. 

Arthur: I need to train...

Rimuru: Let's clean up this mess first. 

Lifting one arm up, Ri gathered an unusually large pool of mana onto his hand and slammed it down onto the invaders and guards and surprisingly, only the invaders were smashed onto the ground, either unconscious or hurt. 

The guards looked at Ri and I, baffled by what they just saw. 

Rimuru: Aaand that's a wrap! 

Ri stumbled onto me though after he said that and started breathing heavily. 

Rimuru: Yeah, I don't think I should do that often. 

 Elven Guards: Thank you human guests for your help! 

The guards started bowing to Ri, making him blush and put on a smirk. 

Rimuru: Man I haven't felt this feeling in a while. 

Arthur: I'm sure you haven't Great Rimuru. 

Rimuru: Don't you start with that nickname too!