Short Extra Chapter #1: Code Double O' Four

FLASHBACK

#004 POV

 Bully: Hahahaha! I'm stronger! You lost again peasant! 

#004: Ergh...

I was pathetic back then. Useless. Nothing could've changed it. 

Bully: Look at him squirm! "Erghh." What a loser!

#004: Fuck off! 

Bully: Take that back Peasant. Now. 

I ran, sobbing at my incompetence. To the hill. To the hill. 

The hill. It was just an empty ledge; the great abyss below and nothing in sight. For me, it was a safe point. None of the other boys followed me here. It was my little safe haven. 

It was. 

One day, after getting beaten up by the kids of the fat royal nobles, I decided that this was my limit. Right here, right now, I would end my misery. I would kill myself. 

There was a sharp rock in my hand. It was pressing against my neck. Blood was dripping as I pressed the blade further in. 

As the world went dark, I heard a muffled voice. A female voice. 

Female Voice: Hey are you okay? 

#004: What do you want bitch?! JUST LET ME KILL MYSELF! 

The girl looked at me shocked and bewildered. 

Yeah, just leave. Don't come near me. I'm a weird creature. I'm the boy that your mom told to stay away from. I just want to be alone.

From the start, no one wanted me. Parents were killed, orphanages didn't care about me. It was me against the world. Until I found her. 

Leah...

???: Hey! Don't call me a bitch! I'm older than you! 

#004: Yeah yeah! Shut up! I'm trying to kill myself right now! 

???: Okay, kill yourself then. 

I looked at her skeptically. No one had taken suicide this lightly before.

I felt excruciating pain as the sharp rock cut into the flesh of my neck and just before I passed out, I felt a force pushing me away from the rock. 

???: Jeez you scared me! I didn't know you'd actually try to kill yourself! I'd thought you'd chicken out! 

#004: FUCKING BITCH! 

 ???: Call me a bitch all you want! It won't change anything! You're still useless! No one would care if you died or not! You're one person out of the hundreds of thousands of people out there! 

#004: ...

She was right. I was pitiful at the time. Looking back, I can only scoff at my foolishness.

In the present though, all I could do was wish that I hadn't met this girl because it would've saved me from endless pain. 

#004: What is there to live for? I wake up, eat, get beaten up, sleep, and repeat the process. I'd rather die than continue that life. I'd die anyway from getting beaten up. 

???: Hmph! It's because you're weak!

#004: They're the nobles' kids! What am I supposed to do?!

She just looked at me, disappointingly and clicked her tongue. 

???: Just punch them! It doesn't matter! 

#004: It kinda does...

She slapped me in the face. Surprised, I leapt away from her, rubbing the spot she hit me. 

#004: Why? 

???: You act like you're sooo cool. "What's the purpose of living?" Shut up! If you don't have a purpose for living, create one! Life isn't something you can just throw away! 

I pondered on this. Was this really the same woman who told me to kill myself because she thought I'd chicken out? 

???: By the way, What's your name? 

#004: ...I don't have one. 

???: Pfft! Really?!

#004: Don't laugh! I go by #004. 

???: Ooh so mysterious! 

#004: Well what's yours? I bet it's soooo interesting. 

???: My name? It's Leah. Nice to meetcha!