Chapter 4: The Slave

Rimuru POV

She's Gone...

Arthur: Shit!

I head a thud beside me. 

We'll never see her again...

I heard a bloodcurdling scream and an immense amount of pressure coming from my left. Art was letting his emotions getting a hold of him. 

I had cried enough so the tears wouldn't come out anyway. I stood up, breathing slowly. It was sunset, soon it would be night and the last thing I wanted after Sylvia sacrificing herself was to die. 

Rimuru: Art...Get up.

Arthur: How are you not sad?! Sylvia—! She—!

Rimuru: I am sad! Really fucking sad! But I don't want Sylvia wasting her life for us just so we can go waste ours!

Arthur: Y-you're right...Sorry for the outburst.

Art got up, composing himself and reeling in his pressure. 

Even though we weren't related by blood, Sylvia still treated us like sons to her, which I'm sure had an impact on Art who was still saddened by his separation with out real parents.

The memories we had with Sylvia came flooding in my mind, making my eyes watery. I wiped my tears though and checked out our surroundings. 

thump

I had to do something. I can't just stay here. Maybe I should hunt or something.

Thump

Should I ask Art to help? Probably not...he's pained enough as it is.

THUMP

Wait what?

Sylvia: Testing, Testing! Ah! Good! Hello Ri. 

Rimuru and Art: Sylvia?!

Art and I looked at each other in shock and disbelief. 

Sylvia: This is Sylvia. If you're listening to this right now, It means I have shown you my true form...

> She sent that when she headbutted me didn't she? <

< Correct. Sophisticated Mind Messages requiring low mana found. Analyzing now...>

There goes Ciel, researching and analyzing every spell and skill she comes across, like some kind of bookworm.

Sylvia: —You are nowhere near ready for the truth yet. Your body is of a boy that is barely four years old, and while your mana core has fully developed to the solid red stage, you're not strong enough. 

I knew it...I'm too weak.

< Don't say that master! You have me with you! >

> Haha, thanks Ciel. <

I guess I did have my all-knowing AI with me, so it should be a tad bit easier right? 

Sylvia: As a small parting gift, I have infused my "will" into you and Art. You're future development as a mage will depend on how you use my "will" 

I'd much rather have—

Sylvia: Oh and Ri? I can imagine what you and Art might be feeling right now. 

I looked away, ashamed.

Sylvia: But remember you have a family to look out for and a purpose to fulfill in this life.