Chapter 6: The Kingdom of Elenoir

Rimuru POV

POW 

<< Haha! Nice one master! >>

Rimuru: Hehe. Not so strong now are ya? 

I looked down at the Tree Golem, who finally met his bitter end. The dent that had punctured the golem on the first day was no longer a dent. It was a hole that had grown to be larger than 7 feet in diameter and was scattered all along the Golem's body.

Rimuru: After I fully get Haki down, i'll try to utilize you Nika. 

<< Don't worry master! Ciel and I are playing something called board games! It is very intriguing! Take as long as you like! Haha! >>

< Check. >

<< What?! Damn it! >>

I sighed. At least Nika and Ciel had gotten along nicely. My training definitely payed off but the only problem was that I had pushed my body to its limit and had to rest or I would die. 

I sat down nearby an area of which I scanned with Observation and drowsed off, after 3 days of nonstop training. 

A fluorescent green orb came rolling out of the Tree Golem's stomach, beating like a human heart.

< Sweet Dreams Master... >

<< And that's checkmate! >>

< W-what?! > 

Arthur POV

After her initial emotions of fear and desperation passed, it was obvious that Tess had no idea on how to interact with me. 

And i'll admit that I'm worried and impatient about my parents and Ri. But I know that my parents are alright thanks to Sylvia and I know Ri has his stupidly busted powers and mana manipulation. 

He's alright. He has to be...

But what made the journey truly unbearable were the agonizing pains coming from my mana core that struck at random times. 

Arthur: Hurggh!

What made matters worse is that the little elf was worried about me and we weren't making that much progress in finding her home. 

Tessia: A-arthur are you okay?

Arthur: Yeah...I'm fine. 

The pains became harder to hide from the elf girl and the excuses for the pains were nearly running out. 

Damn it...They're getting more frequent now.

...

Days passed and soon Tessia had recognized the indistinguishable surroundings more and more. 

However our pace had slowed down since Tess's body wasn't made for constant travel and making her carry a bag made her slow down even more. 

Instead of making her suffer, I carried both of the bags of storage we had and our pace had gotten faster.

Even though I had used Mana Rotation to strengthen my body for the journey, the pains kept coming and it had no signs of stopping. 

...

Tessia: So i've been thinking...

Arthur: What's up? 

Tessia: Since we've gotten to be close friends, can I call you Art like how your family does? 

She looked embarrassed beyond belief for this simple question. 

Arthur: Bold of you to assume that you're my close friend.