Heaven Knows - 06 🪽

19 years ago...

"Keep holding me like this love." Rosie whispered after catching her breath.

They just did it for the first time. Only a year in the relationship and she already gave her all to Jack.

Right here, inside his brand new red 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer, in the middle of nowhere.

"I won't let go." Jack answered, sounding like a promise as he tightens his hold on her.

"Nagsisisi ka ba?" He asked after kissing her nape.

Rosie turned around to face him.

"No. There's no one I'll choose to share this with but you, Theo." She sincerely said. "I'm just scared." She added and that was true.

She's barely 18 years old. If her Mom finds out, she'll be dead.

"What if I got pregnant? My family will disown me."

"Mine will surely disown me too Amelia, but as long as I am with you? Haharapin ko silang lahat. Kaya magtiwala ka sa akin. Hinding-hindi kita bibitawan." Madamdaming pahayag ng kasintahan and all Rosie's thought is how lucky she is to have him in her life.

"Mahal kita, aking Amelia"

"I love you too, Theo. Ikaw ang una, ikaw din ang huli. Pangako." She declared before they shared a kiss full of love and promises despite their unsure future.

———-

Present Day...

"Why do you have to say that to your mother, young lady?!" Jack, reprimanded her daughter when Rosie walked out.

He also noticed na masama ang tingin sa kaniya ng panganay niya.

"You know very well na hindi ko fianceè ang Auntie Cate mo, Z!" He added, he doesn't want his son to get the wrong impression.

Seeing his mother with him inside the water closet didn't earn him a brownie point from the teen and Z's lie will get him to the bottom list of his trusted person, and he doesn't want that.

"Well, sabi ni Lola, before you eloped with Mom, you were suppose to marry Auntie Cate, technically— I didn't lie." Nakataas kilay pang sabi nito. "Plus, it was true naman, Auntie Catalina was more like my mother than her."

"Z, you know why we are here in the Philippines diba?" He asked his daughter and saw his daughters eyes water.

It broke his heart, but she needed to be reminded of that.

"Ayaw ko nga Daddy! Ipapamigay mo ako sa kanya? E she doesn't want me nga diba?! Ayaw niya sa akin, so why would you give me to her?!" Umiiyak na sumbat ng anak.

He glanced at Archie and he can see the confusion in his eyes.

"We already talked about this Z. Kahit anong gawin mo, she's your mother and she loves you. Hindi ka niya ipinasama sa akin because she doesn't want you. She loves you that's why she had to let you go before!" He explained again but Z was having none of it.

Hindi rin naman niya masisisi ang anak, at her young age, their past was very traumatic.

And he knows that his Amelia doesn't mean what she had said before. If only he wasn't too late. Sana bumalik siya ng mas maaga bago siya naunahan ng iba.

Or sana, hindi na lang siya umalis, baka sakali, baka lang, baka naisalba pa nila.

Leaving her was his biggest regret. Akala niya, it will fix their relationship. That leaving will strengthen their relationship that has been failing for 3 years since that incident that started it all.