Heaven Knows - 08 🪽

17 years ago...

"Daddy! Achie big boy!"

Rosie heard her almost one year old son boasting to his dad about feeding himself.

"Of course you are! You are Dad's buddy diba?" Her husband answered and ruffled the little boy's hair.

She just smiled while leaning on the doorframe.

She couldn't ask for more. Everyday, mas lalo lang niya napapa tunayan sa sarili niya that she made the right choice.

That no amount of wealth will amount to the happiness she had found in her small family.

She sighed and touched her belly. She haven't told him yet.

"Love? Are you okay?" She heard Jack asked. Ni hindi niya namalayan na naka lapit na pala ito sa kanya.

"Yeah." She answered and took a deep breath.

"Love?" She asked and snaked her arms around his waist.

"Yes, love?" He asked after kissing her temples.

"Hindi ka ba napapagod sa work mo? Everyday, palaki ng palaki ang gastos natin dito sa bahay. Nakaka hiya na kay Ate Alice." Tukoy niya sa kapatid nito na palagi silang tinutulungan sa gastusin.

She's the one paying their bills. Habang ang kinikita naman ni Jack as an assistant to his sister, napupunta sa needs nila everyday.

She still felt sad whenever she remembered na Jack stopped his studies so he can work for othem.

But they both have no choice. Nagkaron na lang sila ng kasunduan na once ma release ang trust funds nila, they will both continue college.

"Basta para sa inyo ni Archie, love, never ako mapapagod. At saka I told Ate Alice naman na I will work harder para worth it yung mga tulong niya sa atin, she just told me that as long as I am taking good care of my family, she's always willing to help us daw." Mahaba nitong saad and she could only bite her lower lip.

"Love, I'm sorry ha? I know na pumayag ka na for me to work part-time once Archie turns one na."

"Love, sabi ko naman sa'yo diba? Okay lang kahit hindi ka mag trabaho. Ako ang padre de pamilya and I will do my best to provide for the both of you." Masuyo pa nitong sabi, and though she wanted to be happy and to smile at his words of affirmation, she couldn't do it just yet.

"I'm pregnant again love. We're having another baby." She almost whispered. She knew she have nothing to be ashamed about, pero nahihiya siya dahil alam niyang dapat naging maingat din siya.

"Wow! A baby?!" He exclaimed and claimed her lips and then smiled at her.

"Heard that little man? You're going to be a big brother!" Baling naman niyo kay Archie who clapped his hand as if he understood.

"Ba-bie! Ba-bie!" Ulit pa nito na ikinatuwa nilang dalawa ni Jack.

"You're too happy about this aren't you?" She asked and he kissed her again.

"Of course! I love you! Thank you, love— for completing me!" He said in an emotional voice and maybe because of her pregnancy hormones, she burst out crying.

"Hey! Hey, Love? Ayaw mo ba?" He asked and she shook her head.

Jack then wiped her tears, questions visible in his eyes.

"I want the baby. Anything that I get to share with you? I want them all. And I love you too! Always."

———————-