Heaven Knows - 13🪽

After dinner, Jack spent some time with Iris teaching her homework. The kid seemed to want to make sure that he'll spend time with him everyday.

He likes it. He wanted to spend as much time that he could with her youngest for he knows that this moments that he have with his family may not last long.

He's reviewing his lesson for the next day when he heard a knock on the door. He smiled when he thought that maybe it's his little Iris again.

He stood up to open the door with a smile on his face but his smile faltered when he saw that it wasn't his daughter.

"Amelia? What are you doing here?" He asked as he subtly glanced at the wall clock.

It's already passed 12MN.

"Can I sleep here Theo?" She asked. If it weren't for her pleading eyes, he wouldn't open the door widely for her to enter.

He heard his wife sigh and made her way to the bed and laid on it.

She's quiet as she settle herself under the duvet. He can tell that something is bothering her.

"Anything wrong? Magagalit si Z, if she wakes up without you." He said as he picks up his laptop from the bed and put it on the side table.

Rosie said nothing. She just stare at him. Jack sat on the bed and looks at her too.

"Amelia, anong problema?" He asked again, but this this time he noticed that his wife's eyes are in tears.

That look on her eyes— he never saw it since they lost Dahlia. She's afraid, and that makes him feel all that familiar feeling of loss and grief that he'd been running away from since he walked out of their home.

He kept his hand from shaking and reached out to her and held her hand.

Rosie then pulled him, as if asking him to lay down beside her so he did.

He made Rosie use his chest as her pillow and she snuggled beside him.

"I'll wake-up before Lily. Babalik ako sa kwarto bago mag umaga, just let me stay here." Pakiusap nito and he just nodded his head.

"Tell me what's wrong." Utos niya sa asawa in a soft tone.

"We watched A Walk to Remember kanina. Then Lily asked me, what if it happen to me daw?" Rosie started and may kaba na bumundol sa dibdib niya.

"You don't have cancer naman diba? Amelia, are you sick?" He asked, almost panicking and was relieved when Rosie shook her head.

"No. She asked me, what if you are sick daw?" Natigilan naman siya sa tanong nito.

"I cannot lose you that way Theo. Okay na sa akin na hindi tayo magkasama but you are alive than to lose you that way." Rosie confessed, her voice sounded afraid, almost traumatized and Jack doesn't know how he will pacify her.

Rosie sat-up and looks at him in the eye.

"Wala ka naman cancer diba?" She asked and horror and Jack smiled sadly at her.

"I don't have cancer Amelia, you can calm that brain of yours." He answered and pulled her back in his arms. He cannot think of anything to make her feel better than a good ol' hug.

Rosie didn't say anything, she just continue to sob on his chest at wala na lang siyang nagawa but to caress her back to make her feel better.

He really cannot promise her anything right now but one thing is for sure. He loves having her this way.

He missed it. He misses her a lot, that even though having her in his arms is just temporary, he'll take it.

Bahala na kung saan sila dadalahin bukas.