TEN

HAYLEY AND I SAT IN ONE OF THE BEDROOMS

HAYLEY AND I SAT IN ONE OF THE BEDROOMS. She kept whining about us staying at the Mikaelson home, "Why can't we go somewhere else?"

"I can't leave hayls" I told her.

"Why? Because you're stuck on that psychopath?" She asked, "Doesn't matter, this place is big enough for you to avoid him for a few months."

"Stop,"

I heard a car pulling up outside. Hayley and I left room and walked downstairs, she grabbed a fire poker as we reached the last step.

The door opened and in came a blonde girl, she looked to be around our age. Hayley and I exchanged a look. She raised the iron poker, "Who the hell are you?"

"Oh, you must be the maids," The blonde smiled, "My bags are in the car. Get them, will you?"

Hayley put the poker down. I walked down the last steps of the stairs, "Hello. We're not the maids"

"Right. So which one of you is the werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up?"

I thought that she looked familiar. She was their sister, Rebekah, "That would be her" Hayley spoke and nodded towards me.

Rebekah nodded, her eyes scanned me, "I was expecting to see some kind kind of supernatural miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing. It's Annabelle, isn't it?"

I walked closer, "You have your brother's manners"

"And his temper too, so watch it" Rebekah added. Hayley scoffed making the original turn to face her, "and who the hell are you?"

"Hayley" my friend responded.

"Aren't you two the wolves who backstabbed Tyler Lockwood?" Rebekah asked with a smirk playing on her lips.

I shook my head, "No it was more a—"

Rebekah rolled her eyes, "Whatever, old news. Where's Elijah?" Her eyes searched for something behind us.

"Beats us," I told her, "He's long gone"

"What do you mean, 'long gone'?" Rebekah asked.

"Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that bottle of scotch and some bald decision got me into" I told her, "He was all poetic about how we're family then Klaus told me he bailed, or something"