FORTY-EIGHT

JACKSON AND I WERE WALKING THROUGH THE QUARTER WITH THE TWINS

JACKSON AND I WERE WALKING THROUGH THE QUARTER WITH THE TWINS. We kept playfully pushing each other.

I smiled, "A whole day with my brother without any distractions or pack duties"

"Or Klaus Mikaelson to ruin it" Jackson added.

"What's with that anyway? Why don't you like him?" I asked.

Jack looked at me, "Well, for starters he's Klaus Mikaelson. . .But hey, if you like him, I guess I could try to make an effort to at least pretend to like him."

"That's a good start"

We stopped in front of a violinist. When she finished playing, I dropped some money into her violin case before sending her a smile, "Thanks"

We started to walk again when the violinist played another tune, this time a haunting one that sent chills down my spine.

I stopped walking, "That song. . .What is it?" I turned around to face the violinist, who stared at us creepily. I quickly turned back and started to walk again.

As we walked, I scanned our surroundings and saw a waiter writing a message onto the chalkboard outside of restaurant, it read: "A promise made is a debt to be paid"

I looked around, alarmed. Suddenly, we were stopped by a man holding some large, long-stemmed red and black flowers in his hand, "Flowers, miss? Gifts for the children"

"Uh, no we're alright" Jackson spoke kindly, "Thank you"

"You sure?" The salesman asked, "Black Dahlia's are in bloom. They're quite lovely"

Afraid, I tried to move past him but the man grabbed my arm, making me look at his eyes that were now pure white.

Suddenly, Klaus appeared. He shoved the man back, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Show yourself, witch"

Jackson stumbled back. His eyes turned white, just like the salesman. He walked closer, "Klaus!" I called. Klaus let go of the salesman and faced Jack.

"I am here" My brother spoke, "I am everywhere. And I intend to take what is mine"