sixty-seven

༺༻

༺༻

ITS BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE KLAUS SIRELINE WAS SEVERED. I had killed Aya after Elijah proved that he couldn't do it.

Killing her didn't help with the rage I felt towards not just Tristan but all of the Strix.

I had just returned from killing two Strix members — Takeshi Fukuda and Arthur Bailey in a warehouse just outside the city.

I entered Klaus and I's bedroom and took out a handwritten list I had hidden inside my pillow cover. My hit list. I had already crossed off two names off the list — Aurora De Martel, Aya Al-Rashed.

The names of Takahashi Fukuda, Arthur Bailey, Cadence Flynn, Isaac Peck, and other Strix members were also written down.

The sound of footsteps made me turn away from the list. Elijah entered the room and I quickly crumpled up the list.

"Thought you were in the Bayou with Hayley?"

I put my finger to my lips and shushed him, "I just came home to feed the kids and put them down for nap. Im heading back out soon" I stood and surreptitiously placed the list in my bra.

"What is this?" Elijah raised his hand to touch my forehead and wiped some blood off.

I jerked away from him, "I just got caught on a thorn"

"You've been spending a lot of time with Hayley and The Crescents lately" Elijah commented.

"Well, they need me. Ever since Jackson—" I looked before away grabbing my shoes, "Do you need something, Elijah?"

"I came to check on the children" He answered, "Niklaus is a little overwhelmed with everything"

"Well, maybe he's right in being paranoid. Seems like every time we pause to catch our breath, someone ends up dead" I put my jacket on and grabbed my phone, "The twins will be asleep for another hour. Do you mind?"