THIRTY-EIGHT

I WAS IN THE BAYOU WITH HAYLEY, JACKSON, AND AIDEN

I WAS IN THE BAYOU WITH HAYLEY, JACKSON, AND AIDEN. Aiden was freaking out because of what happened yesterday with Finn.

"The wolves are freaking out. They know it had to be an insider who took down Vincent last night, seeing as no one could have been anywhere near him" he told us

"Did anyone suspect it was you?" Jackson asked

Aiden shook his head, "No, not yet. But they're gonna figure it out, which pretty much means I'm screwed unless we come up with a plan"

"Call a meeting" I told him, "The whole pack, tonight. If they're so scared, now's the perfect time to convince them they need to ditch Esther"

Aiden held up his hand, showing us his new ring, "She gave them moonlight rings"

"Well, those rings make you slaves," Hayley said

"No, they make us powerful. We were exiles before but now we run the city! The vampires are scared of us and nobody, including me, is just gonna walk away from that because—"

Jackson, looking annoyed, stood up and approached Aiden, "Set the damn meeting" He ordered before he walked away

I gave Aiden a look before Hayley and I went after my brother. We reached the dock where Jackson stood with beer bottle in his hand, "So, are you gonna work on a rousing speech or just get-drunk?"

"Little bit of both" He answered

"Jack, it's ten am" Hayley took the bottle from him.

Jackson walked over to a small table with books. He grabbed a brown, leather-bound book, "You know, for months, I wrote down every single word Ansel said. The entire history of our people. If only I'd known he was Klaus' father, I would have asked him a hell of a lot more. I was up all night looking through this, trying to find something, anything that will help me figure out how to get our people back together" He tossed the book onto the table.

"Let me guess, no such luck?" I asked

"Nothing viable and now, Ansel's dead, along with Ollie" Jackson took his beer back from Hayley, "So forgive me if I need a beer, cause right now, I can use all the help I can get" Jackson walked away and i followed him.