THIRTY-ONE

FOUR MONTHS HAD GONE

FOUR MONTHS HAD GONE. Four months since I lost my babies, since I become a hybrid. I had completely isolated myself from the world.

The Gurrera wolves had taken over the city with the help of the moonlight rings that Genevieve crafted. Those rings caused Klaus pain each full moon, he was weaker. I tried to help him, to comfort him but some days I couldn't stand being near him knowing that we had to send our babies away. I felt empty

I walked through the Bayou as a wolf. Soon enough, I turned back to a human and grabbed some clothes that I had hung on a clothing line. I sighed and looked around, I was alone. The pack was gone, I couldn't even find Hayley. The Guerreras probably chased them off.

————————-

I RETURNED TO THE COMPOUND. I freely entered my room to find Elijah in the nursery, he looked like he was packing.

I stepped inside, "What the hell, do you think you're doing?"

"Welcome back" Elijah said, "What is it, the third night this week?"

"I don't need a night nurse," I told him, "Hybrids are invincible, right? Now, what are you doing?"

"As we discussed, our illusion needs to be flawless. Now, months have passed. It's the appropriate time."

I felt anger rise up in me, I didn't want him to move anything, "What's next on the 'appropriate' list? Klaus and I hold our heads up high and say we're ready to try again?"

Elijah sighed, "I understand this is difficult for you—"
"What's difficult is knowing that Francesca Guerrera is still fucking breathing after she was the one who plotted with the witches to kill my babies!"

"You will have your vengeance, I promise you this." Elijah told me, calmly

"Well, until then, this is my room. I'll tell you when it's appropriate to clean it, Now get out." I moved aside so Elijah could leave the room and when he finally did, I sighed.

————————————-
KLAUS AND ELIJAH WERE TALKING DOWNSTAIRS. I was eavesdropping from the living room upstairs thanks to my newfound abilities. I then sped downstairs when they mentioned the Guerreras.