vii. a mistake

♪ - wish you were sober; conan gray
"kiss me in the seat of your rover. real sweet, but I wish you were sober."

S. RANDLE' POV

T W : PUKE

I've lost count of all the shots we've taken.

Soda's been downing hard amounts of the same clear liquor, and I couldn't keep up.

Buck was starting to close up the place for guests, and I was dumbstruck when I realized me and Soda had stayed here that long. It was way past midnight, which was Soda's curfew.

I should've toned down the drinking, why had I forgotten that I was going to be the one behind the wheel at the end of this night?

I pleaded for my body to sober up, but that would take some time.

"C'mon Cola, we gotta' head out, it's late." I urged, and the two of us both walked, more like stumbled, our way out of the place.

We passed a guy throwing up at the edge of the railing as we made our way down the front stairs, and the sight made my stomach twist. It seemed the same for Soda, since he had moved a hand to his stomach.

I had already gained a pounding headache, and I knew the hangover tomorrow for the both of us was going to be absolutely gruesome.

We both unsteadily climbed into the truck, and took a second to just sit there, in complete agreed silence.

"Steve?"

I answered, "Yeah?"

I looked over to see him staring at me.

"What?" I condemned, through my face.

After he had eyed me down for a couple of seconds, the next thing I knew I was being grasped in roughly by the shirt collar, right into his perfect lips.

He tasted like pure vodka.

I don't know what had come over me, when I didn't yank away from him.

I wrapped my hand around the back of his neck, sloppily pulling us even closer than before.

It was tempting to keep on, but we couldn't. We were both no where near the word 'sober,' and there was no reason, for us to be like this in any way.

Soda pulled apart and slightly let out a gag, making me jump apart. He popped open the truck door and had been practically doubled over now halfway out of the seat, emptying his stomach out onto the terrain.

I soon saw his thumb go up in the air as he heaved, "I'm fine!" He groaned, and sat back up, shutting the door with a sigh.

"You don't want to kiss me anymore after that." He slurred, and I damn well agreed.

"I think that's a sign for us to go home." I put Darry's key into the ignition, and waited for the car to start up.

He nodded, sitting back in his seat like he was ready to knock out right then and there.

"That was a mistake, Soda." I had been coming to my senses, in a somewhat sober way.

I wasn't gay.

Why would I be fucking gay?

I dated Evie, for crying out loud.

It was the alcohol, I swore.

Your brain shuts down when you drink and-

Not bothering to turn up the radio, I drove off slowly, scared of the outcome to our past timed curfew's.