xii. the photograph

♪ - lover, you should've come over; jeff buckley
"it's never over."

S. CURTIS' POV

I walk into the living room, and plop down onto the couch.  

I was in a living crisis, did I like him? Or was just the hangover making my head spin in such a way?

I curse under my breath at the undeniable truth, burying my head into the couch.

"Is he up yet?" The man walks into the house and sounds like he's speaking to anyone up, and I recognize who that voice belongs to.

I get up from the couch, and with no hesitation, reach for him into my grasp.

"Where were you!" I scold, my face in the crook of his neck.

"I was uh, just at my house?" He says, sounding confused.

"Oh." I reply.

"Whats this about?"

I remember that I'm holding onto him for dear life.

His hand rubs up my back though, comforting me, even if he didn't know what was going on.

I step back at the shivers his hand sent through my body.

"I don't know, I thought something..." I trail on.

He places a hand onto my shoulder, making me lose the end of my sentence.

"I'm okay."

He smiles, and then heads into the kitchen.

"I'm heading out to work." Darry says.

"There's breakfast out on the kitchen counter. It's warm; and there's cake in the fridge somewhere." I give him an okay, as he walks out of the house.

I walk into the kitchen, to see that someone already found himself a piece of chocolate cake.

Steve speaks with a mouthful, "No one makes it better than he does."

He convinced me to cut myself own piece.

We stay in the kitchen, chowing down on the pieces of cake.

I couldn't resist mentioning the photograph halfway through as we ate.

I told everything I knew about it, leaving him in complete shock.

"I knew her." He musters up the strength to reply after taking everything I explained in, "I should've known not to do that, out in the open like that, what was I thinking?"

"How about we go to Buck's later? Hang around with the gang there." He asks, changing topics.

I hesitate, "I'm not drinking again."

"No one said anything about drinking." He shrugs, his same as always grin growing on his face.