One or two mysteries

Although their favorite diver continued to pretend that all was well , the Thea Sisters had noticed that , even after the competition was over , Nicky's spirits weren't rising . From the bleachers of the gymnasium , where the fencing qualifiers were about to begin , her friends did their best to cheer her up .

Pamela : When you win a medal , we'll throw you a big party !

Nicky : I don't think I can do it...

Pamela : Then we'll have a mega-party for your no-victory ! Guys, how about a slice of pizza ? I've been watching these athletes work out , and I've become hungry as fuck !

Violet stood up abruptly .

Violet : Uh...I'll pass...I just remembered I forgot something in my room...

Paulina : Can't you get it later ? The second competition is about to start and you're going to miss it !

Violet : I'll only be a minute !

The mouselet stomped off . Paulina's fears were confirmed , however , as Violet didn't make it back in time , missing the performance of a mysterious fencer whose skill left everyone speechless . The young athlete had arrived on the piste with their face already covered by their mask , and had refused to reveal their identity even after defeating their opponent and rising to the top of the rankings . At the end of the event .

Colette : Who do you think they are ?

Violet finally joined her friends .

Violet : Who are you talking about ?

Colette : A fabulous fencer whom nobody knows anything about...and whom you haven't seen since you vanished into thin air !

Paulina : By the way , why took you so long ?

Violet : Well...because...because...because there was a long line !

Nicky : A long line...in front of your room ?!

Violet blushes .

Violet : Sorry , I didn't explain myself well .

As she recounted the incredible story of the students crowded together on the staircase leading to the second floor , Paulina examined her with an investigative eye and noticed that Violet was disheveled and as if overheated . Apparently , the mystery of the unknown fencer wasn't the only one of the day .