10

Super long chapter, I'm so sorry, I just didn't feel right breaking it into two.

I stood there, my feet melting into the cold marble floor. I felt frozen to it, unable to move. Maybe if I stand here long enough, I will mold into it. Realization of what happened washed over me. First he called me Bells. Second, we were forced into doing something neither of us wanted. Third, I have to go to the party after all this. 

It's nearly 6 PM. Dinner starts at 6:30. I don't have time to wash the pain away. I must get dressed and go downstairs, or face the Dark Lord. 

I can't decide which is worse. 

I turned around faced with a mirror. My mascara is pooled under my eyes. My slip nearly see through showing all my body had to endure. My underwear not on quite right, slightly pulled lower than I normally have it. My hair lost its curl, looks more like a mess. 

I reached over to the table grabbing my wand before pointing it at my face. I mumbled a few spells, fixing my hair and makeup before slipping off my underdress and pushing it on the floor. I slowly pulled my new dress over my body. It was simpler, shorter, less white. It had a bow tied at the bottom of my back leaving the rest open. The sleeves were shorter, just barley leaving my shoulders. I walked over to slip on my white heels before a knock appeared at the door. 

Regulus walked in. 

"Dinner is about to start." He paused looking at me. "You ready?" He asked walking over grabbing the shoe out of my hand before kneeling on the ground in front of the bed where I sat. He slowly slipped it on my food before fastening the loops and repeating with the next. "I'm S-" He began. 

"Stop apologizing." I mumbled, the first words I've spoken in over an hour. "It's neither of our faults Regulus." I continued before pushing myself off the bed. He slowly rose from the ground brushing his hands along his pants to straighten them. 

"I know I just," He began, pausing before running his hands through his hair and looking over at me. "I didn't think this was how all this was going to happen." He continued catching his breath. "I imagined this, us, for years. I never thought this was how. I never thought this was when." He kept pausing trying to find the words, searching his mind to explain the situation. 

"How long." I said softly as tears pooled in my eyes again. He looked over at me, confused. His eyebrows slightly raised. "How long have you remembered." I said. 

He paused. He looked down towards the ground. Gathering his thoughts. Thinking of what to say before he looked back up with tears in his eyes. "Since last night." He sad letting them fall down his face. "When you we're telling me about school, I felt everything rush into my mind. I know what you're thinking Bella. It's Impossible. I know. I don't know how it happened. Sometimes it can fail, only sometimes. Very rare." 

"Strong memories." I finished. "When memories are too strong, something can trigger them to come back. I know." I paused looking around the room. "Why didn't you tell me Reg." 

"I was going to before the wedding. I couldn't last night, it was all too much." He paused while his face dropped. He went cold. It's weird that you can see his emotions change so rapidly. So quickly, like he doesn't even notice it happening. "Why are you here Bella. Why would you ever come here. Why would you do this to yourself." 

I paused. Searching my mind for a reason. A reason that won't get us both killed tonight. 

"I cannot say." I said softly. "I cannot say here, In this home." I continued. 

"We have to go." He said holding his arm out towards me. "They will be suspicious if we are late to our own dinner." 

I slowly reached out wrapping my hand around his forearm before walking with him out of the room. We made our way down a long hallway before reaching the top of the staircase, seeing many people all seated at different tables in the ball room.