Chapter 2 🐺

Stranger's P.O.V

It's another Saturday morning, and while the rest of his brothers sleep in, he does what has now become his routine on Saturdays: a quick morning run on the treadmill, followed by a shower, getting dressed, and setting off to Yoo Kang's coffee shop to see if his delicate flower will be there.

He arrives at the coffee shop and notices that she hasn’t arrived yet, which for some reason makes him feel relieved. It gives him a chance to mentally prepare himself for the girl to whom he has never dared to speak, yet who has such a strong and profound effect on him.

The shop door opens, and like a tidal wave, her scent fills his senses. He looks down and watches as she walks straight up to the counter and places her order for her usual caramel Frappuccino. While waiting for her drink, she talks and jokes around with the owner, who personally makes her Frappuccino and hands it to her.

He then watches as she thanks the owner, makes her way to the staircase, and slowly walks up to the upper level, which is a specially created space for customers to sit down and relax while enjoying the books they brought with them or reading one from the collection in the store.

He watches as she stretches herself out on the two-seater couch as if she is at home. Then, she grabs her book out of her tote bag and begins reading.

He stares at her as she calmly takes a sip of her Frappuccino, swallows, then smiles. Her smile is gorgeous, and he swears it could probably light up a room. Most importantly, it enhances her gorgeous small heart-shaped face, hazel-green eyes, cute button nose, and slightly full lips.

For a second, she catches him staring at her and flashes him a fake smile before looking down at her book again. This makes him wish he had more courage to talk to her, but he doesn't even know why just catching a mere glimpse of her awakens his inner beast.

He noticed her on several occasions, and she even tried to make conversation with him, but he was awkward and didn't know what to say, so like a idiot he ignored her.

He continues to look around and sees no one else is joining them, which makes him happy since he arranged with the owner, who is a good friend of his, to keep that space just for the two of them. Obviously, that was weeks ago, but still, he can't bring himself to make a move, which he always gets teased about.

He looks at the book in her hand again and realizes it's one he just finished reading. He is about to say something when her phone rings, making him mentally throw out a slew of curse words at whoever is calling and interrupting. But he quickly stops when he hears her say, "I used to work in the emergency room back in the United States, which would have been the nursing field I wanted to specialize in. But when I moved here and continued my studies, I was placed in the pediatric unit, which, to be honest, I wasn't too happy about at first because I loved working in the emergency room. But then I quickly realized I love kids, and obviously, they're much easier to work with than adults."

He knows eavesdropping is wrong, but she is talking on the phone in front of him unbothered, so he thinks to himself why not seize this opportunity to gather some intel. He then recalls her mentioning the word 'nursing' and thinks to himself, "Hmm..., so she's a nurse? Cute! In fact, the profession suits her since I sense a very calm, steady, and caring energy from her."