Chapter 33

Holly's pov

It's been a few days since my mom bought me the ring.

I get it out of my jewelry box and stare at it intensely.

Why did he give my mom this ring and why did he ask her to give it to me?

It doesn't make sense, our relationship was fake, he only pretended to love me.

He never wanted to be with me, he was only after all the fortune that he was gonna get from my father.

Out of nowhere i heard the doorbell ring.

"Holly, your friend Barnaby is here!" Mom shouted from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back.

What is he doing here?

We didn't plan to meet up anytime soon.

As i get downstairs I get greeted by Barnaby, he reaches down to grab my hand and places a light kiss on my hand.

"Hey Princess." He says.

"Hi, why so formal?"

"Just felt like it." He looks around to see if anyone is around, no one is around other then Nanny plum.

"Should we stay in or go for a walk?" I asked.

"How about a walk? i'm feeling like it." He answered.

"Sure, why not." We go outside and start walking.

"So princess Holly, what are you up to the last few days, we haven't seen each other in a couple of days."

"Oh nothing much, you?" The last few days I've barely got anything done, I just thought about Ben and didn't leave my house, this is the first time after a long time I stepped foot outside the castle.

"Yeah same, was home this whole time, didn't have much to pass the time with." He looks down while walking.

"Princess Holly, I just got a random but crazy idea."

"What is it?"

"What if we walk out of the little kingdom?" He looks kinda delighted by his idea but also kinda scared by my response.

"Are you sure, i mean I've been out of the little kingdom once but didn't see anything cool, I did see a cave there but that was it." I say remembering that I saw a cave with Ben once after we had been walking for a while.

"Oh you saw a cave once, that's actually pretty cool, now I really wanna go there, can we please go?" Barnaby looks at me with a pleading look.

"Okay, it's fine by me?"

We start walking.

"Tell me, did you see anything else, or what did you see in the cave?" Barnaby asks.

"Well, I remember, me and Ben were about to go inside and look for Redbeard the elf pirate but then out of nowhere we saw Nanny plum coming out of there and she told us she didn't see him there and then we walked back to the little kingdom." I'm suddenly reminded of Ben again after telling the story.

"Maybe we'll have the chance to see the cave from the inside today." Barnaby keeps his face straight ahead.

"Maybe." I say.

The rest of the walk was pretty silent.

As we were walking I realized I was wearing the ring Ben had given me, I don't remember putting it on.

I stare at it while walking lost in thought.

"Is everything okay, princess Holly?" Barnaby asked wondering why i all of a sudden looked so tensed.

"Yeah, I'm fine just wondering how this ring got on my hands." I say.

"You probably forgot to take it off after trying it on, it's actually really pretty." Barnaby looks at the ring.

"Yeah it is." I can't deny it even though Ben gave it to me, then I remember that i did try it on and as soon as i was about to take it of mom called me downstairs because Barnaby came to meet me.

After that we don't exchange anymore words, until we get there.

My thoughts keep telling me to take of the ring and let it fall to the ground, but I don't listen to them.

We get to the cave, it's more black than I remember.

"Thats actually pretty cool, shall we go inside?" Barnaby asks.

"Uh, sure, why not." I hesitate for a second.

As we are about to enter the cave i notice my ring lightly beeping and some blue light coming out of it, but i ignore it.

Then we get inside and we both start walking for a bit.

As we were walking for a bit we saw something that shocked us to the core.