Chapter 27: Royal Library

Right after Xavier left my dorm room, I felt this exuberant overflowing joy that I had never felt in all my life. It felt as if it was just an amazing dream and I was waiting to be woken up from my sleep.

"Hmm," I sighed, still smiling. "That was extraordinarily special."

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that Dusk and Dawn were sitting together on the edge of my desk, whispering about things that I couldn't hear.

They continued to giggle as they quietly chatted.

Intrigued by what they had to say, I asked, "Well this was a fun night, wasn't it? What are you two talking about? Must be something good."

They turned to me, chuckled again, and returned to their normal happy faces.

"Oh, well," Dusk answered. "You seem to really like Xavier and he seems to like you."

"Oh, yeah," I agreed. "We're really good friends. Perhaps one of my best friends."

"No no no," Dawn interjected, shaking her head. "I don't think you get what she's saying. You REALLY like him."

"Yeah, I just said, we're the best of friends."

"Okay you know what? Nevermind," Dawn said. "I mean, you LOVE him."

My face turned pink.

"No, it's not like that. We're friends and that's it."

"Oh, did I mention that we think he loves you too?" Dusk asked.

"WAIT, WHAT!?" I exclaimed. "Why do you think that!?"

"Well, every time he comes here, his face gets flushed and he acts very strangely around you. And of course there's that dance that just happened," Dawn answered. "Besides, how could he not like you? You're so brave, smart, and kind."

I wanted to tell her that Xavier liking me wasn't true. He did seem a little strange around me sometimes, but I just thought that it was because it was still awkward for him to know my secret.

Then I muttered to myself feeling very confused, "Does he actually like me like that?"

"He loves you, but hasn't had the chance to tell you," Dusk added. "I'm assuming that's what he was going to say to you tonight."

My eyes widened when she said that.

"He's loved you ever since you saved him," Dawn said. "He definitely loves you!"

I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"You two are just guessing about all of this and that's besides the point! I don't love him. He's just a friend."

"Yes you do! Admit it!" Dawn argued, a smirk on her face.

"No I don't!"

"Well then, how do you explain what happened tonight?"

"Well, uhh..." I stammered. "He asked! I couldn't say no!"

"You're hiding your feelings!"

"Am not!" I argued back at Dawn. "Elisia, please back me up on this one."

I turned to her and saw that she had a guilty expression on her face, about to say something I didn't want to hear.

"Elisia?"

"I'm sorry, but I think they're right. You just had that look in your eyes."

"No, not you too," I mumbled under my breath, putting a hand on my face.

"Lindsay," Elisia said. "I know deep down inside, you know it's true."

"No. It's not."

"Why won't you just admit it?" Dusk asked loudly.