1

The sun peeked through the curtains of the windows. It grazed the girls skin, glowing her features. A loud noise and a sudden weight jolted Luciana awake.

Luciana groans, "Seriously Addy, you know you could've shook me instead of suffocating me?"

"Where's the fun in that?!" Her best friend Addison shrugged.

"I hope your sleeves get wet when you're washing your hands." Luciana prayed.

Addison rolled her body off of Luciana's, causing a thump as her body reached the ground. Luciana threw off her covers, her feet falling into her slippers as she stood. The girl rubbed her eyes, adjusting to the light.

"You are such a loner why can't you drop homeschool and have a social life at public school?" Addison whined from the cold wood floor she was sprawled out on.

"I don't know Addy maybe because I don't like people." Luciana sighed, rolling her eyes. Her best friend knew this but still asked her all the time to switch. Luciana scrolled through her closet, deciding what to wear for the day.

It was Sunday, Luciana's favorite day. Well only because of her 'Sunday rest' schedule. She took those days seriously, no one could interfere with her strict routine.

Luciana lived with her mom, her dad being absent but that's a story for later. She didn't like touching on the sensitive topic, and her one and only friend understood this which made her the one person she could tolerate. She grew up alone with her mom, which shaped the way she is with relationships now. Luciana didn't know how to open up or introduce herself to new people. Hence why she decided homeschooling was best fit for her.

Addison on the other hand disagreed, claiming she never tried to talk to people or get outside her comfort zone. Addy was almost the opposite of Luciana, enjoying social interactions and having a lot of friends. Though she liked hanging out with Luciana most because she didn't have to have a social battery all the time with her.

The two were comfortable with each other. Addison basically lived with her and came over as much as she could, insisting that if she didn't "you would become a complete social reject, if you aren't already one now." Her words, not Luciana's.

It was August 25th, 2 weeks before Addy went back to school after summer break. That's the part that always sucked for the two, it was harder to see each other. At this point they were inseparable. Luciana knew that her best friend had other friends, and she was left on her own a lot which she enjoyed don't get her wrong but choosing to be alone and feeling alone are two whole different worlds.

Shaking out of her thoughts, Luciana grabbed a dark green tank top and a pair of light blue washed jean shorts. Throwing them onto her bed, she reached over to a bin, picking out nike socks. She redrew her curtain across her closet.

"Get up Addy or the bed bugs will implant themselves on you as a retirement home." Luciana warned the girl lying dead on her floor as she swung open her door to go change.

Addy sprung up, frantically dusting herself off and shaking her body violently.

Luciana reappeared, dressed in the outfit she picked out a few minutes ago. Her long brunette hair settled past her shoulders, in a perfect curl pattern. She let Addison curl her hair the night before and surprisingly they held pretty well. She sat down at her vanity, doing her skincare routine because she stood by 'look good, feel good, do good,' who doesn't?

As she applied her moisturizer, Luciana pulled out her phone, putting on some music. Saturn by SZA began, the angelic beat putting the girls into a vibe.

Addison sat herself at the bottom of Luciana's bed, watching the girl prep her skin.

"Ok you're a creep." Luciana expressed looking past herself in the mirror to behind at her best friend staring.

"Cmon, you're so pretty Lucy, I bet you could make so many friends if you went to my high school. The boys would be practically begging at your feet." Addison admitted, not letting go of the subject.

"You're forgetting the part where I have zero social skills." Luciana countered, adding a light layer of mascara to complete the look.

"I'll help you. Then we could see each other all the time!" Addy smiled, bouncing on the bed as she imagined them together at school.

Luciana stayed silent, thinking of all the possibilities, pros, cons, everything that could go wrong.

"You have to at least try, if you don't like it fine. But you can't just say no without testing it out." Addison calmed down and lowered her tone showing her more serious side. It's all she's ever wanted. Her best friend to go to school, experience high school with her. She knew that Luciana needed to put herself out there and see the real world. Yeah her past wasn't easy but that shouldn't stop her from living her life and having fun.

Fess up, who made me sappy and emotional. Addison mentally cursed her english teacher. Hoping she would stop yapping so much about her divorce and tinder dates. Like damn old lady you have no friends that you would talk to children about your non existent love life.

Anyways, Addison shifted onto her stomach from the bed awaiting Luciana's response.

"Fine." Luciana mumbled.

"WAIT REALLY??!?!" Addison jumped up, shaking her best friend's shoulders as she beamed.

"Yes Addy, i'll try." Luciana confirmed, putting her mascara tube back into her makeup bag.

"Omg, I have two weeks to give you a makeover, get some clothes, and most importantly work on your social awareness!!" Addy panicked, pacing around Luciana's room.

"Did you just call me ugly?"

"Yes you caveman."

"I hate you." Luciana face palmed her forehead, Addy's insults never missing.

"You know you love me." Addison smirked back at the girl, winking.

"Okay first, the mall and some shops." Addison directed, snatching her wallet and tossing it onto her wrist.

She yanked Luciana up from her chair, pulling her out of the room.

____________________________________
authors note-

i promise it will get interesting. i'm more of a slow burn type reader and writer.

i hope you all enjoy it nonetheless :)