3

It was a hot morning, the wind was barely noticeable and the sun was beaming down on New York. Not a singular cloud was in the sky.

Luciana shuffled awake in her bed, shoving the blankets off her body from overheating. She tossed back over, unable to get comfortable. Huffing in annoyance, Luciana kicked her legs over the bed, coming to a stand. She opened her big white door leading to the small balcony. The sun engulfed her body, the heat spreading to every inch.

Stepping back inside, Luciana saw Addison lying on her side with her phone propped up on Lucy's vacant pillow next to her.

"Morning Addy." Luciana announced, walking over to her nightstand to grab her glass of water.

"Goodmorningg grandma." Addison greeted Luciana.

"Can you be serious for like one second of your existence."

"Then I would be boring." Addison rolled her eyes. "I was thinking today we take a break and go to the beach to tan. That can be your 'make over' activity."

Luciana nodded in agreement, taking out her basket full of bathing suits.

They each picked out a bathing suit, Luciana going with a bright orange set and Addison grabbing a vibrant blue pair.

Luciana looked at her digital clock on her vanity reading 10:00am. Long beach was only a 20 minute walk, so they had to leave soon due to UV rays being at their peak from 11-3. (Because who wouldn't know when to tan?) Both girls changed into their suits, throwing on a pair of jeans and sunglasses to complete the look.

Addison packed a beach bag with sunscreen, lip balm, their wallets, and a few other necessities for a beach trip.

Nearly tripping down the stairs, the duo made their way to the front door.

The walk wasn't bad, the wind picked up a little more, allowing them relief from the scorching sun.

They talked about their plans for the next week and a half until school started.

"I was thinking, since you need to interact with other human beings, that I could invite some of my friends over tomorrow? Or we could go out and do something I don't know." Addison proposed, switching the bag to her other shoulder.

"I have to do it eventually so yeah I guess i'll conquer that battle tomorrow." Luciana debated.

"Okay perfect i'm gonna talk to a few of them, nothing too big, and i'll make sure they are tolerable for you." Addy added to try to relieve the girl of anxiety.

"Thank you Addy. I appreciate you trying to get me out there." Luciana brought up in all seriousness.

"You know I would do anything for you sis." Addison disclosed, wrapping her arm around her best friend's shoulder.