Chapter 1

Early morning 6 o'clock running through small lane of Bilaspur were 2 girls wearing long anarkali and aarti thali in their hands. 

"Excuse me ... Excuse me"

"Good morning Shankar chacha .. Shoba chachi" Sanjana and Meera wishes them while running towards mandir

"Good morning Sanjana and Meera Beetiya. Arey! Zara aahista jao . " Shoba chachi wishes them while seeing them run 

"Panditji vaise bhi tumhare bina pooja shuru nahi kar payenge" Shankar chacha yells as he sees reaching lane's end

They reached temple, did pooja and were walking back. It was 6:30 in the morning, Sanjana knew her family would be still sleeping, so she was a little relaxed. But they both have to reach home do all the chores. "Hai Devi Maiya, I don't remember if I locked the door while leaving?" Meera says touching her forehead. "You did. I saw you doing locking while leaving."Sanjana confirms. Meera's nanu has alzheimers. Sometimes she just goes out walking randomly making Meera worried for her health. Meera has a boyfriend, Ranjeet. He doesn't respect Meera and is a very proud guy but her nanu thinks he is a nice guy and wants her to get married to him. Meera accepted her fate and thinks whatever happens, happens for the best.

Sanjana reaches home prepares breakfast, prepares lunch, does dishes and then her mama and maami wake up. "Sanjana my tea..." mama orders as he sits on his dinning table. "Ji..layi", Sanjana brings 2 cups of tea with biscuits and poha for mama and maami. She serves them and they don't even look at her just start having their breakfast. Sanjana starts getting ready for her college. Seeing Sanjana leave her maami makes a scowl face "How many years is she going to stay here?", she asks her husband, "For how many days are we going to provide for her?" she adds. "We cannot really stop her education, she got scholarship. We are not paying for her college" mama replies. "When will she go from this house? urgh then again we have to get her married" maami says. 

Meera prepares breakfast and lunch as well but she was helped by nanu. While getting ready she gets call from Ranjeet. 

"Hello"

"Good morning! My head is paining", Ranjeet replies

"hangover? Why do you drink so much?" Meera asks

"What kind of stupid question is that?every guy drinks in our village", Ranjeet replies

"Nahi woh me bas..""Let it be anyways today I will come for dinner make something special for me", Ranjeet cuts her, "And after that we will go and meet my friends" Ranjeet adds. 

"But nanu""So what?  just lock the door, and don't tell her we are leaving. Bye!" Ranjeet replies and hangs up

Meera just humms anyways he never listens to her.

Sanjana and Meera both leave for college, they will both graduate in 2 months and were preparing for exams. "Yaar Sanju... I am bored!! I can't wait to graduate and start earning.", Meera says, "Nana's pension is not enough these days" she adds. "Me too, you know mama-maami don't like it when I need to buy something for college. Once I start earning I will repay their debt" Sanjana says. 

In the evening

Ranjeet comes home, he puts on his fake face for her nanu that how nice he is and how much he cares Meera. In reality, for him she was just an innocent doll whom he can control and a perfect wife material.

"Thanks nanu...food was really good! Your hands really have taste", Ranjeet said giving nanu his fake smile. "Thank you beta! But all this was made by Meera" Nano says smiling. After dinner Ranjeet comes near Meera and keeps hand on her shoulder sliding it down on the arms, "Let's go, my friends are waiting", he whispers. Meera gets uncomfortable and tries to remove his hand, "Do I really have to come? I am worried for nanu and also my exams are near", she tries o give explanation. "What exams? what will you do by giving exams? it is not like you are going to top or get a job. No women in my family is allowed work.", he just laughs at her, "Lets go, I want you to come with me. I am waiting outside", saying he goes out of the house. Meera also knows he will not listen so she just agrees. Ensuring that nanu slept, locking the door properly she leaves; she doesn't like to lock the door for nanu, she feels she is caging her but she has no choice. Sitting on his bike, she messages Sanjana to watch out for her house.