Chapter 11

"Babyyyy! Let's go out some time we haven't gone anywhere out for so long." Alisha says sitting on Abhay's lap.

Meera sees that and then again looks down continuing her work. Abhay looks at Meera, he gets slightly annoyed 'Why does she never react?'  He thinks.

"Alisha, I will take you out tomorrow" Abhay says and then again looks at Meera, who is engrossed in her presentation.

"Umm... Alisha I have meeting. We will meet tomorrow" Abhay says and Alisha gets up.

After Alisha leaves Abhay comes to Meera. "So are you done with your presentation?" Abhay asks drumming his fingers on her desk.

"Almost done sir" Meera answers without looking at him.

He comes behind Meera and bends down to see her presentation on her laptop. "Remove the line 'We would like to collaborate..' and instead write 'This collaboration would bring..'.

Meera was engrossed in her work she didn't realize he was so close to her face.  

They both look at each other. He sees her nose red and her body stiffed.  'She is beautiful. Do I affect her?' he thinks. Meera gulps seeing him so close to her. Abhay notices that; his eyes travel down her neck and he sees a small black beads something there. 'Is that mangalsutra?No it can't be! Is she married?!?! or is it mine?'  

He was almost going to ask her but at that moment his phone rang. Both got out of their trans. Aviraj was on the other side. 

"Abhay are we ready for the presentation?" Aviraj asks. "Haan bhai, it is done. We will be in conference room on time" Abhay answers. "Okay see you then". Aviraj hangs up. 

"Meera, that..""Done sir. The presentation is ready" Meera answers and gets up. Abhay clears his throat "Lets go then" 'I will ask her later' he thinks

Meera and Abhay, comes downstairs and Aviraj, Sanjana, Ajay and Uday were already waiting for them. Abhay starts with presentation and impresses all the investors. Abhay was also impressed with presentation Meera made.

The meeting was over and Abhay and Aviraj had papers and contracts to mail the investors. They stayed behind. It was 6:30 and Sanjana and Meera were tired. Especially Meera because Abhay did not give her lunch break. She was looking here and there just to find something to quickly eat. Abhay was engrossed in his work to notice that Meera fidgeting. Suddenly there was a grumbling sound in the quiet room. Abhay, Aviraj and Sanjana looks at Meera. Meera was embarrassed and Abhay, Aviraj and Sanjana just controlled their smiles. Abhay feels guilty. "You both can go home. We will come once we finish everything" Aviraj says. Sanjana and Meera nods and leaves from there.  

On their way home Sanjana and Meera sees a small food stall. "Can you please stop here?" Meera asks the driver. "Yes ma'am." the driver answers and stops the car. "Uncle please calls her Sanjana and Meera. You are older than us." Sanjana says and Meera nods. The driver looks at them and smiles and nods. 

Sanjana and Meera get out of the car. Sanjana stops and holds Meera's hand looking around. Meera assures her "Don't worry. We are not in Bilaspur anymore. Nobody is going to say anything." and smiles. Sanjana also hesitatingly smiles and walk with her. After a long time they sat together with no worry they ordered tea and toasts and vada pav.