Chapter 1

Roughly one year has passed since his awakening, ever since, the world has changed forever. People began to fear the word gold, the fear that he'll come to their claim their lives. Chaotic storms took the world by surprise, these events are called "The King's Revenge'. Several organizations and individuals attempted to locate and eliminate the cause but they all failed and died.

Until one massive organization with their reach stretching across the world. Their name was Union and they claimed to have the potential to kill the cause.

Elsewhere in this scared and fearful world sat a lone male figure who seemed unbothered by the current crisis unfolding. He was currently eating a steak until a storm came, it was a relatively new phenomenon created by The Cause. The Cause is what they call the phenomenon or something else that created the storms.

Tornado and tsunami sirens began to blast as the new phenomenon called the 'Three Angry Kings' rolled in. Three towering hurricanes began to crash into the Californian coast, tornadoes three times the size of the El Reno tornado began to form tearing apart the state.

The man remained stationary, completely unfazed by the cataclysm surrounding him. He simply just continued to consume his steak as the building next to him gets torn apart by the intense winds. However he remains unmoved, like a unmovable object he remains cemented to the ground eating his steak.

As the 'Three Angry Kings' phenomena tore up and consumed the state rapidly, the black cloak covering the figure's body was ripped off by the winds. Underneath the cloak was that of Gold, a Gilded Man, The Gilded Demise. He laughed to himself as he unraveled his massive wings and flew into the sky destroying the ground beneath him with one clean swoop.

As he flew high into the sky, he admired his work. The path of sheer destruction and despair was like pure satisfaction to him. The evil smile that dawned upon his face could bring even the most powerful and most dangerous beings terror. Golden lighting sparked in the sky as arcs of gold arose from his majestic but panic inducing scales.

Not only was he pleased by the death and destruction caused by the 'Three Angry Kings' he was also disappointed. He craved more, he wanted these concrete jungles, these destructive scapes of metal and concrete gone from this planet.

He will complete his goal

In the deep reaches of the Amazon rainforest laid a ancient temple. Surrounding the temple covered in vines and trees were humans and their research stations. Every human was coated in white lab coats except for a few who wore different colors defining their identities. One wore red, one wore white, one wore black, and the last wore yellow, all are females wielding bladed weapons.

They were being led by a balding man who held a clipboard between his armpit and glasses with tape around the bridge. He led them deep into the temple as carvings depicting a giant moth gave them uncertain thoughts. As the man was about to speak, the temple rocked violently as if it was roaring.

One of the girls were hit by a falling rock, another was pushed into a wall knocking her out, the man was killed by falling rocks instantly causing his body to explode, and the total collapse of the entrance ensued. They all believed it was either 'The King's Revenge' or the 'Three Angry Kings' phenomenon, but it was certainly much worse than they believed.

It wouldn't be for another five hours until the girl who was knocked out awoken in a panic. She screamed out in confusion as the others surrounded her. They covered her mouth, in confusion she tried to remove the hand blocking her speech but was forcefully stopped as something wandering around the temple interior was heard.

The steps were heavy and carried dread alongside it, they could hear the crackles of electricity go deeper and deeper into the temple. They all looked at each other and nodded their heads, they were going to take down whatever was inside this temple.

Slowly they descended the complex structure, tunnels and paths, smells and sounds, all leading them further down or in the wrong way. The one in red suddenly slipped and fell down a steep slope, her teammates screamed in surprise and fear as they don't know if she survived. One of the girls jumped into the slopped tunnel as the rest valiantly followed.

It took nearly three and a half minutes to reach the end, with an abrupt and violent end they piled upon each other. Their groans and restricted vomited played out as the sense of relief came into their minds. From afar they could hear this terror inducing voice.

"I see that you are awake"

The voice felt so close, yet so far. The four girl looked at each other for a second, confused on who this voice belonged too. Slowly they crouched down and quietly walked towards the voice's location.

This primal and guttural voice almost felt primordial, older than anything else. The way it spoke to the recipient almost felt like a old friend meeting up.

"How long has it been?"

A feminine voice replied, similar to how old and powerful the male voice was. It felt like a calming dread hearing it, but alongside that dread was a peacefulness relaxation radiating off of it.

"Too long..."

The male voice suddenly and abruptly stopped. The four girls also stop at the sudden abruptness.

"There's humans here"

The four girls looked at each other then nodded as they grabbed and readied their weapons. After four seconds they rapidly moved to where the voices were but it was empty, whatever or whoever was in there left in that five second time period.

They all look up noticing a massive hole leaving directly to the surface. "Well...are there cameras here?" The one in red asked who was immediately shushed by the one in white who had a face full of fear.

"Quiet you dolt," she half yelled and half whispered into her ear, "are you trying to get us killed?!"

The roof began to crumble and crack as large chunks of dirt and stone began to fall down.

"Run!!" Yelled the one in yellow as they all ran towards the edge of the cavern. Behind them was a cataclysmic event as dirt and stone fell onto the floor uplifting metric tons of rock. The closer they ran towards the edge of the cavern, the faster the collapse happened as just beyond the gaping maw of the hole was a otherworldly roar that sent tingles and fear into their soul.

They managed to enter a cave as the cave entrance was completely blocked off by tons of dirt or stone. They all inhaled dust as they took a breather; they were all panting and crying after the near death experience. The supposed leader of the team, the one in red spoke up.

"Are all of your okay?"

"Yes Ruby..."

"I think I broke my nails!"

"Your nails are fine Weiss"

As they bickered back and forth about something, deep in the cave the sounds of lighting cracking sounded.

-----------------------