Chapter 2

Chaos erupted across this frustrated and frightened world. Riots, wars, and genocide, all blamed one another for starting The Cause. Over an estimated three million were killed by genocides alone that swept through China, Iran, Yemen, South Sudan, and more as fear filled dictators or elected officials blamed another ethnicity for The Cause.

All this violence, all this chaos, all this nonsense filled The Cause even more. His happiness grew with each passing day as humans and Faunus, allies and enemies fought against each other. The depravity of these humans brought more destructive powers into play, hurricanes tore apart Spain and Portugal, Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.

Villains classed as world ending threats arrived in any place they could find and began to kill for fun.

That was until one fateful day when the powers above looked at humans with hate. Humanity no longer served a purpose to any higher beings eyes.

The main force of this Union organization or school began their pilgrimage to Mount Olympus, home of the Olympian's, the Greek Mythology. As they descended upon the destroyed and war torn state of Greece, something became apparent.

Nobody was in sight, apart from them. The ancient lands that Sparta, Athens, and more called home was desolate. Sparse human life, nothing. All that remained was leveled cities, destroyed weapons of war, crashed cargo planes, and raging fires that glowed blue.

Ignoring this because there's nothing left to save or repair, they began their treacherous journey up the mountain were the olympians live. The hike was full of dead corpses, women and children alike, their bodies covered in ash and blood. These were recent victims.

"Oh god," a bling girl screamed, "it's-there's so many!" Across a flat section of Mount Olympus was completely full of dead bodies stacked on another. An estimated 100 thousand bodies littered this section. As a few covered their mouths in sickness or others praying to their god for any sign of hope.

Sadly enough for their mental state, more and more dead bodies are found the further they go up. "This can't be caused by a simple weather phenomenon...no" a girl with red hair said to herself. "What is it rias?" An older male said, presumably her older brother.

"This was the work of some monster, no weather," she said solemnly, "only a monster can cause this."

Storms began to roll in, thunderous winds and electric booms sounded out across the empty balkan nation. As hundred foot waves clashed against the shores only time would tell until this place is gone. History will be forever rewritten as the world it's self and those who call it their home will never be the same.

Over the halfway point, a girl began to get a call on her phone. Confused on who it is she answered it only to cry after. A few walked to her side to calm her down until she could utter a few words.

"Team RWBY," she said through ugly tears, "they're dead!" She could only cry harder as her friends and classmates comforted her in these disastrous days. The group stopped their march as the ground shook heavily. "What's happening?!" A student yelled out as giant rocks fell from the upper mountain and enormous cracks began to form.

The entire southern side of the mountain collapsed as thousands of metric tons of dirt, stone, and granite fell and collapsed. Very few ran towards the edge only to see magma turning into lava at the bottom and dark vengeful clouds of dust and smoke arose from the fiery depths below.

As they watched the lava pour out of the mountain, a enormous explosion caused lava to rocket out of the chamber and into the sky. They ran away from the edge as it began to collapse as the whole mountain began to collapse.

They managed to escape the collapse via teleportation but one stayed behind. She deemed her life as over. Her family died, her friends perished, and her soul crushed from these events. She jumped face first into the lava pit as her eyes were soulless and dead.

Her body made contact with the lava as she and everything else was consumed by the magma.

The main group teleported themselves nearly a mile away from the mountain just to whiteness what destruction played. The once proud city of Athens and the tall Mount Olympus were completely and utterly destroyed. As the final feet of the mountain crumbled and another massive explosion of lava into the sky, something else arisen.

As the black billowing smoke blotted the sun out and the thunderous winds clashing against their bodies, they looked upon the mountain in horror and fear. The home of the Olympians was destroyed; only those who wonder what happened. Their unnerving questions were answered by a deafening chorus or roars and growls.

The first roar caused their ears to explode and bleed due to its sound. It sounded and vibrated like a wind chime but foreign to this planet. It vibrated rhythmically and ruthlessly as the second roar shattered any chance of survival.

This roar sounded beyond prehistoric as it answered the previous roar. The base of the mountain spewed more lava as a colossal hand rose up and grabbed the floor, the second hand followed. Each hand was covered in deep red scales and each finger was tipped with sharp and round claws.

As the lava exploded out once again, the head of this beast arose with it. Two giant dark red horns overshadowed the glowing orange colored eyes. It's mouth was like that of a pterodactyl but jagged and spewing lava.

It dragged its body out of the magma chamber as its colossal frame showed its destructive effect. Two enormous wings, two gigantic legs, deep red scales spewing lava and two glowing orange eyes radiating hate.

It raised its wings high into the sky as it let out a powerful roar before flying high into the sky. The Union students and staff watching this event began to hyperventilate and turn fearful as their basic understanding of earth was completely shattered by this...this...fire demon.

-----------------------