Chapter three: black eyes

'That is a great idea, but how do you want the natural to reflex in the rooms and the exterior of the hotel?' He said, eyes locked with mine. His eyes held so much emotion that I couldn't even make out which emotions. He had dark eyes. The kind that could stare into your soul. I realized that I was staring and lowered my gaze immediately as my cheeks started to burn. Astagfirullah, Deen really has to be present during our next meeting. I talked to him about this last night and he would do that for me Alhamdoulillah. 

Amine Bensaid 

After years spend in Morocco, I decided to go back to the country where I was born, Belgium. We left when I was about 13 years old to go live in Morocco as my fathers business went well over there. I could finally go back when he opened a niche in Antwerp two years ago. Besides working at my father's company I decided I should finally get the degree that I always wanted, architecture. That was a dream I had to give up when I went to Morocco as my dad's focus and money went to his company. Alhamdoullilah I am now in my last year as I had the chance to follow an accelerated course. 

I am currently 25 which in Moroccan culture means that I am 'too late' to get married. You can imagine the pressure my mom puts on me. I know that she does it out of love, but searching for a bride for me is getting out of hand. My mom lives in Morocco so that means all the girls she finds live over there and I personally would never live there again. Not that I don't love my country, definitely not. It's just that I don't see myself marrying someone from Morocco. If I ever consider moving again, then that would probably be to Saudi Arabia. 

Anyways, I am currently heading to uni as Salmaan and I have to work on a project with two girls named Jannah and Rahma. I only know Salmaan for a year now but we became very good friends over time. We go to each jummah prayer together and spend our free time learning more about Islam Alhamdoulillah. 'Deen messaged me last night saying that Jannah is his little sister. He would like to be present during our work sessions with the girls.' I knew Deen from an early age, before I moved to Morocco but we weren't that close as I used to live in another neighborhood. However, I enjoy his presence when he hangs out with me and Salmaan. 'Really? I didn't know he had a little sister.' 'Well he is very protective over her as she is his only sister.' I nodded as we approached the table where we saw two girls sitting and talking. 'If you wanted to know if it's okay for me that he would be there, then I don't mind.'  

Jannah Ziani

We worked for about an hour on our idea and then presented it to our professor. He was enthusiastic and glad that we chose to give importance to sustainability as many other groups didn't do so.

'Is it okay if we come together again next week to work on the project?' I asked the two men as I knew Rahma wouldn't say no. 'Sounds good, which day?' Salmaan asked. I took my agenda and looked at it as Rahma and I have the same schedule. 'Euhm, friday morning?' I suggested. Salmaan nodded. My eyes fell unwillingly on Amine as he was probably checking his schedule. I noticed that we have the same agenda. 'Euhm, I have a meeting then. Can we do it after the jummu'ah prayer?' he suggested as he put his agenda on the table. I was about to agree but Rahma cut me off. 'Oh no, there is a henna party friday night. Maybe wednesday?' she said while looking at our schedule. That was my free day and Rahma knew it. I took one day per week free to be able to study my quran and do some quran journaling. 'That sounds better, thank you.' Amine said while he smiled at Rahma. Why is he smiling at her? I raised unwillingly my eyebrows at that while taking my agenda and putting it in my bag.

--------

Assalamu 3alaikum dear readers. What do you think about the story so far? I would love to read your opinions! 

Sharing my story and liking a chapter is always appreciated! Thank you for giving this a chance <3