Chapter 19

"Here," Opal says, flopping her exhausted body next to Thomas. She handed him a screwdriver, still new and shiny. She leaned onto him, too tired to acknowledge Topaz. She was dirty, tired, and angry, she didn't have the energy to embarrass Topaz.

"What happened to you?" Thomas asked, his brow scrunched in concern.

"That... That... monster..." Opal snarled, pointing her shaking finger to Topaz. "Didn't help me at all when we ran into trouble that he asked for." Opal fumed.

"I didn't ask for it!" Topaz protested.

"You were stumbling about like a badger, you imbecile!" Opal shouted, launching herself at him. Thomas restrained her.

"It's not my fault!" Topaz yelled, close to tears. Peridot hugged him, glaring at Opal.

"Shut up! I was injured and I had to fight Bowler Hat and you didn't help at all!" Opal explained an accusing finger pointed at him. Opal gestured towards her broken body. "Do you think this is my idea of fun?" Opal snarled. She already had two bullet wounds, and Bowler Hat had bruised her body and crushed her fingers. "Do you think that I love this?"

"I- of course not!" Topaz stutterers. He didn't see the wounds. I've been covering it up anyway.

"Try to act like you actually believe that." Opal snarled and stormed off into the fog, leaving a brewing storm in the haven.