Chapter 1. Hush

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

━━・❥・━━

The rush of adrenaline waves through Wooyoung's veins like a raging river, bound to nothing, pouring into his bloodstream like a frenzied virus. The crowd was beyond loud, cheering chants and screaming into the void, watching as the stage lights began to power down, overheads turning brighter by the second. The screens of the stage flicker into darkness, signaling an end to the final leg of the tour, one that had stretched over the course of the last six months.

Wooyoung was out of breath, sweat beading down the sides of his face, just barely messing with the copious amount of stage makeup that had been blended into his skin, perfectly complementary to the casual outfit he had selected in the last stretch of the concert.

"C'mon, let's go eat," Hongjoong comments, waving the group towards backstage, a beaming smile on his face. Wooyoung smiles at him, suddenly feeling a wrap of arms around his waist that causes his breath to hitch, but he recognizes the sudden affection almost immediately, a smile curling on his lips irresistibly.

"Yeosang–" Wooyoung laughs. "You do this after every show. You act like I'm going to disappear, or something."

"We've been friends for a decade, Youngie–" Yeosang hums, hugging him tighter. "I may not be affectionate to you all the time, but after shows like this I get even more thankful that you followed me here from the training company."

"Aw," Wooyoung coos. "You're such a softie. You would've missed me too much, hm?"

"Obviously. Don't let it get to your head though." Yeosang frowns, earning quiet laughter from Wooyoung as the back hug retracts.

"Too late. Let's go eat."

Wooyoung leads Yeosang into the well-lit hall, right behind Yunho and Seonghwa, who had been chatting quietly about something they had witnessed within the sea of fans. Yeosang hums quietly behind Wooyoung, somehow complacent in his own little innocent world, seemingly oblivious to the almost-audible chants and cries from their fans that had continued even minutes after their show had ended.

Wooyoung carefully removes his in-ear headphones, letting them rest against the back of his neck, dangling over his collarbones against the black tee he had been wearing that matched everyone else's.

Shows like this had always had Wooyoung feeling ravenous, and not in a way he can healthily describe. He always wanted to down a large bucket of something, paired with some type of alcohol; as long as it settled his stomach and sent him off to sleep, he'd worry about working out and running off the calories later.

"Good show tonight," Hongjoong compliments as everyone pours into the dressing room. "Atiny really loved it, and I'm really proud of all of you for your hard work these last six months. Eat to your heart's content, it's all paid for already. We'll head back home in an hour."