Chapter 3. Cloak

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

━━・❥・━━

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Wooyoung freezes. To avoid an uncomfortable truth, the only thing Wooyoung knew he could do was lie, even if it seemed relatively hopeless. Yeosang was his best friend of a near-decade, and Wooyoung knew more than anyone that the elder would be able to sense any trace of lies within his tone. As calmly as he could, he sighs, raking a hand through his hair as he feels San rise on the bed next to him, seemingly just as surprised.

"Uh–" San eyes Wooyoung worriedly, but Wooyoung shakes his head.

"Nightmares," is all Wooyoung can mutter out, shrugging. "They're happening again, and I couldn't go back to sleep."

"Why don't you come cuddle with me?" Yeosang whines, an evident sadness tinged within his tone.

"Yeosang, you literally hate being touched." Wooyoung raises a brow, but Yeosang rolls his eyes.

"But you're my best friend, Youngie. I would always accept you in my bed if you needed me." Yeosang pitifully sighs, leaning against the doorframe with his arms held against his chest. San gently nudges Wooyoung with his shoulder, and Wooyoung rolls his eyes.

"Okay," Wooyoung feigns a smile. "I'll join you next time, but don't yell at me when I climb into your bed unannounced."

"That was one time." Yeosang groans.

"And yet you still pushed me off the bed." Wooyoung raises a brow. "Can you blame me for retreating here?"

"No," Yeosang smiles. "Hurry up, though. I wanna leave soon."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be out in a minute." Wooyoung waves him off, watching as Yeosang offers him a sly smile, turning on his heel and leaving, closing the door behind him.

"That was close," San breathes, turning to gaze at Wooyoung.

"He's hard to trick, so the next time he catches us, it won't be that easy." Wooyoung turns to look at San, smiling fondly. "You're cute in the mornings."

"You're one to talk," San muses quietly. "I thought you weren't supposed to sleep in here, by the way?"

"You make it hard to leave." Wooyoung leans closer, lips inches apart. "Plus, you were pouting like a baby again. Who am I to deny you?"

"Ah, so the pouting works on you?" San smiles, and Wooyoung nods, teeth sinking into his bottom lip.

"It's cute. Makes me want to cover you in kisses all over."

"Jung Wooyoung–" San playfully gasps. "Are you admitting to wanting to kiss me?"

"Sue me." Wooyoung quips, voice quiet. "You're just incredibly kissable. What do you want me to do?"