Chapter 8. Shroud

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

━━・❥・━━

After a quick shower, Wooyoung heads into his own room, a lonely space that he hadn't frequented in the last few days. He reaches into his wardrobe, grabbing out a duffel bag from the bottom before setting it down on his bed, unfolding the top to begin packing his clothes.

He grabs an array of shirts and shorts, making sure to pack his swim trunks before carefully deciding on what shoes to take and gently storing away his phone charger, a hat, and a pair of sunglasses if he needs them.

After taking one last glance around his room, he zips his bag shut, moving to glance at himself in the mirror on his wall, assessing himself, taking note of no leftover bruises or reminders of how he had spent his night. With a breath, he grabs his bag, slinging it over his shoulder, tapping his pockets to make sure his wallet and phone had been safely tucked away before exiting his room, closing the door behind him to see Yeosang and Mingi already settled in the living space. Yeosang was on his phone while Mingi was rustling around in the bag he had already packed, searching for something, or maybe possibly checking to see if he had forgotten his multitude of vitamins.

"Where's San?" Wooyoung asks, walking further into the space, setting his bag down on the coffee table.

"Still in his room," Mingi responds, sifting through his belongings still.

"Did you forget something, or–?"

"I can't remember if I packed my headphones," Mingi groans, leaning upright to glance at Wooyoung, a slight furrow to his brow. "I just packed everything in here, and now I have to dig everything out."

"Well, get unpacking, then. We've gotta leave soon," Wooyoung smiles, watching as Mingi tries to push him away, annoyed at the tease slung into Wooyoung's words.

With a glance at Yeosang, Wooyoung turned on his heel, striding towards San's room, knocking twice before opening the door.

"San'ah? Ready to leave?"

"Hey," San says quietly, standing in front of his own mirror. "Look what you did."

"What I did?" Wooyoung asks, almost incredulous.

San turns around, showing the light trail of scratch marks adorning his shoulders. Wooyoung clasps a hand over his mouth, laughing in near shock as his eyes widen.

"Oh my God–" he laughs, his voice muffled by his hand. "San'ah, I'm sorry–"

"No you're not," San smiles, shaking his head.

"Can you blame me?" Wooyoung says softly, walking a few steps closer, feeling as San wraps an arm around his waist.

"No," San hums, leaning closer to kiss the younger's forehead. "Though the visual reminder of what we shared will eventually fade, my memory of it won't."