Chapter 9. Disguise

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

━━・❥・━━

The car ride was silent for most of the trip, leaving Wooyoung to settle against the side of the car, his gaze glued to the window as the scenery passed by. He was still holding onto San's hand; even if the male was asleep, he somehow was still adamant on clinging onto Wooyoung's hand, keeping their grasp a beloved secret in the space between them.

Wooyoung wasn't completely sure how long they had been in the car, possibly three hours or so, but he could tell that they were getting close to their secluded home based upon the surrounding view of a nearby beach and the rapt change of foliage. Things felt brighter here, almost as if there was a signifying change incoming, lighting the path ahead with a stroke of joy. Wooyoung had spent too long thinking into the depth of things, wondering if he was being selfish in pulling San into this relationship, but even as he looks at him from time to time, his heart finds it hard to deny just how much he truly wouldn't change a thing.

Mingi and Yeosang were minding their own business in their seats ahead of them, either sleeping or listening to music peacefully, watching the scenery fade from city blues into the warmth of an inviting shoreline, the horizon line finally visible with an endless sea seemingly fading along the edges. The sun was shining down so beautifully, glimmering against the waves, casting down a glare that Wooyoung pulled strength from. Even despite the sun's departure every night, it continued to rise every day, regardless of the struggles the next day would provide. No shock of storms or cold weather kept the sun away, bringing forth a light to break through the abyss of overwhelming shadows.

But it's here that Wooyoung feels torn, glued to a wish for the shadows to linger, pulling safety from them, finally able to enjoy his relationship within the embrace of the darkness, away from prying eyes and those who sought to tear them apart. The sun, the light, offered challenges, all vain and likely spurred on with a show of hope, even if it had been fickle in its attempts. Wooyoung had wanted to believe that the light would embrace their relationship, keeping them tethered together to fully enjoy their lives with an added intimacy to flourish within the safety of their dorm, but he can't help the anxiety that comes with the thought of losing everything he started to have.

When the car finally rolled to a stop and pulled into a private lot, Wooyoung gently squeezed San's hand, using his thumb to tap on the side of his hand, trying to pull him away from the cusp of sleep. After a moment, San took in a deep breath, his eyes fluttering awake, leaning forward to try and grasp as to where exactly he was. Wooyoung smiles at him, watching him fondly, feeling as San finally squeezes his hand back.

Carefully, Wooyoung shuts off his music and puts his earbuds away, taking a breath the moment he feels San's hand leave his, leaving behind a lack of warmth that he longed to take back. Situating himself, he put his case away and gathered the bag he had with him, looking ahead as Yeosang and Mingi prepared to step out. He turns, glancing at San, watching as he stared out of the window, somehow amazed by where they had ended up. It truthfully hadn't taken long for San to fall asleep, as he could practically sleep anywhere, but Wooyoung had noticed that the times he wasn't holding something to sleep with it did naturally take him longer, maybe a bit more restlessly at times, but this seemed to be no issue. Wooyoung supposes that their entangled hands had something to do with it, and in that, he finds a warmth spreading through his chest that feels rather insatiable.