Part 4: Tourney and Assimalation

With their original plan to retrieve the wand ending in failure, the VK's were sitting in their Remedial Goodness 101 class, being taught by Fairy Godmother. Mal sat at a table with Evie, while Henrik, Jay and Carlos sat at the table next to them. The fairy godmother stood up at the board as she continued her lecture.

"If someone hands you a crying baby. Do you
A, curse it
B, lock it in a tower
C, give it a bottle?"

She asked the class, to which was just the VK's, each one doing their own thing as the class went on. Evie then quickly shot her hand up in the air.
"Evie." Fairy Godmother said with a smile and enthusiasm in her tone. 

"What was the second one?" Evie asked instead, causing Mal to shoot a look towards her and Henrik from his table to start snickering.

"Oh. Okay. Anyone else?" Fairy Godmother asked looking around the room. "Mal?" She asked despite her not having her hand up.

Mal who was drawing a sketch of Fairy Godmother's wand looked up suddenly. "Uhm, C, give it a bottle." She answered.

"Correct. Again." Fairy Godmother  said to Mal  showing proudness in her voice.

"You are on fire, girl!" Carlos complimented impressed she kept getting the right answers.

Mal just shrugged being that the answers were pretty simple. "Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun." She told them making it clear it was obvious.

"Oh." Carlos said now getting the big picture.

"That makes so much sense." Evie commented.

Just as they continued class, a girl in a light blue dress walked down the aisle of tables. She squeaked as she walked past the VK's quickly, looking back at them as they just stared at her confused more than anything, but she thought they would hurt her.

"Hello, dear one." Fairy Godmother said with a motherly tone towards the girl .

"Hi." The girl said very quickly, clearly showing she was nervous and shy. "You need to sign off an early dismissal for the coronation." The girl said, nearly shoving the clipboard in Fairy Godmother's hands as she looked back at the VK's scared of all five them.

Mal nudged Evie who was staring off into space, getting her attention to the girl in the blue dress.
"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" Fairy Godmother asked gesturing the VK's to her daughter.

"Mom, no!" Jane squeaked now even more terrified than before.

"It's okay." Fairy Godmother told her daughter with a reassuring smile. "Jane, this is everyone." She said as she scooted her daughter towards the group.

"Hi." Jane said to the VK's "That's okay, don't mind me, as you were." She said before quickly running out of the room.

"Let's continue." Fairy Godmother said walking back to the board. "You find a vial of poison. Do you,
A, put it in the king's wine
B, paint it on an apple
C, turn it over to the proper authorities?"

Henrik pointed his finger in the air "Put it in the kings wine!" Making the boys next to him start laughing

Fairy godmother gave Henrik a disappointed look "Henrik..."

Henrik smiled innocently and just shrugged "Sorry. Force of habit"

Jay, Evie, and Carlos then raised their hands quickly, while Mal continued to stare off into space. Jay then forcibly shoved Carlos' hand down with a grin  "Jay." Fairy Godmother said smiling as she pointed to him.

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities." Jay quickly answered with a smile.

"I was gonna say that!" Carlos whined as he shoved Jay