Part 6: Tests and Date

The bleachers at the tourney field were filled to the brim with students enjoying the game. Mal and Henrik sat on the top in between Lonnie and Evie watching the game go on.

"This is a nail-biter, folks." The announcer said in the mic "There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood Falcons, two. The Fighting Knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals." The announcer said as the crowd cheered. "As the teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the Kill Zone. The dragoneers have been laying down, with a hail of fire, and now a substitution by Coach Jenkins." The announcer continued.

Coach Jenkins spoke up "You're up."

The three watched as Jay started talking to the coaches as he tried to persuade them to let Carlos join in the game, and though they were hesitant to do so, once they agreed to let him on the field, they nearly shoved Carlos onto the field. Mal smiled while Evie jumped up and down getting into the game as Henrik just watched the game smirking, genuinely enjoying himself.

"He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the Isle of the Lost and that little guy Carlos who can barely hold a shield. When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here." The announcer said as the game continued. "And the tip off is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dishes off to Ben. And a nice little block by Carlos." Carlos feeling proud of himself began to dance to the player he blocked "He does a little dancing jig in the opponent's face." Evie, Henrik and Mal laughed at Carlos' little dance cheering for him. "And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay. hurdling maneuver at mid-field. Jay makes a nice pass to Ben through the Kill Zone. Big block by Chad! Ben moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot! Oh! What a save by Philip, the Falcons goalkeeper!" The announcer continued. "23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Jay. Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad! Jay dishes off to Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the Kill Zone, picks up Carlos. He's being hammered by dragon fire. Still going on. Jay, hurdling maneuvering at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay. He passes to Ben. He scores!"

The crowd cheered loudly in excitement, making Mal cover her ears from the cheering.

"Ben has won it! What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up Ben for the winner. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever! Here they come, folks. The winners of the first..." Before the announcer could continue they were cut off when Ben grabbed the mic.

"Excuse me." Ben shouted into the mic. "Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?" The crowd quieted down as Henrik and Mal looked to see what they commotion was all about. "There's something I'd like to say....... Give me an M!"

"M!" The crowd shouted.

"Give me an A!"

"A!"

"Give me an L!"

"L!"

"What does that spell?" Ben asked the crowd with intense enthusiasm.

"Mal!" The crowd shouted. Lonnie and Henrik looked at Mal, Lonnie looking at her happy, but Henrik had a grin holding in a laugh. Meanwhile Mal looked mortified at the whole situation.

"Come on, I can't hear you!" Ben yelled with more enthusiasm, trying to pump the crowd up.

"Mal!" The crowd yelled louder.

"I love you, Mal! Did I mention that?" Ben said staring at Mal.

Mal just gave an awkward smile while both Henrik and Lonnie grinned at her, But Audrey gave an absolute insulted look, shocked that her boyfriend was doing this for some villain.