Chapter 5|Broken Bodies

Tyler

After Troyes desperate phone call, I ran to the office. The girl that had helped Troye out yesterday was actually really nice. She could probably help.

"Hey I need your help!" I yell as I walk into the office.
"Hm?" She hums back at me.
"You know that new kid Troye? He's in trouble. The football players have him trapped in the bathroom and they are trying to get in and hurt him."
"Oh. Let me call the principal down and I will head down there."
"Okay thanks." I answer politely secretly wishing she would hurry up.

I stand there waiting anxiously for her to get the the principle. Only a minute or two went by but it felt like hours. I was shifting my weight from foot to foot whilst staring at the ground.

"Alright, let's hurry on down there." I turned my head to see the principle speaking. "Thank god." I thought. I walked out the doorway and rushed towards Troye. There was no time to waste. Anything could happen. What if they already got in? What if he's hurt? What if he- what if he hurts himself? I immediately sprinted towards the bathroom. I can't let him do that again. Nope nope nope. It would break me.

I glance behind me and see that the principle and secretary have caught up. We are all approaching the bathroom when I see the door is closed but nobody is outside of it. "What?" I question. I silently walk over and listen into the bathroom. I hear them inside. The football players are inside. I can't stop myself at this moment. I back up and with all of the anger inside of me I kick the locked door open. "What the fuck!?" I scream not paying attention to the staff behind me. As I observe the room I notice Troye sitting in a sink and two of the players holding his arms above his head, his sleeves falling to his elbows letting the cuts show. I move my eyes to his tear stained face. His eyes are deep blue as well as red and puffy. His lip is bleeding and there's a cut across his hairline. My lips tremble at the sight. I then bother to look down further and see that they've got his shirt pinned up, revealing his defined ribs that poke out as if he hasn't ever had food. There are bruises covering his stomach. I feel a tear slip.

I stop looking at Troye and look at everyone else. "Why are you doing this?" I say almost silently. "We are doing this because he deserves it. The bony creature shouldn't even exist on this planet. We were putting him out of his misery until you came along. I mean look he's a cutter. A gross, attention seeking, cutter. He was already trying to kill himself so why shouldn't we help?" Brent said proudly. "You my friend are a sick fuck." I spat as a move forward to shove him. Two people stop me and push my arms behind me. Another person grabs my legs and they continue to carry me out. They bring Troye along as well as the whole group follows. I look over and the principle and secretary are gone. Is this not a problem to them? Those dipshits, I should've never trusted them. I squirm and squirm, trying to break free but their grip only tightens.

They all bring us outside and continue walking until we are on the football field. I look over at Troye and he looks so fragile and vulnerable. I feel so awful about this. I shouldn't have talked to him in the morning. I shouldn't have let them push me away. Even after I failed those things, I should've gotten better help. I should've known the help I got wouldn't do anything. This is all my fault. All of it.

I snap back to reality when I crash on to the turf. I feel pain instantly jolting through my back. Two of the boys then force me to sit up, moving my body harshly. From where I am, I can see Troye perfectly. Brent has four guys on him, each holding a limb down.
"What should we do to the fag?" Brent spats out. "Don't hurt him!" I scream. "Oh too late for that," he replies eagerly. I then remember what I saw in the bathroom. Oh no hex really hurt and they are going to hurt him more. "No. Stop," I pause, "me. Hurt me instead." Troye lifts his head and looks at me with wide eyes. He shakes his head but I ignore it. He can't be hurt more. "Oh really? Okay I can do that," Brent huffs.