Chapter 20|Fairy Tales

Tyler
Troye parked the car and removed the blindfold that he had placed over my face a little after we started driving off. I grabbed my glasses from the console and set them on my nose. When my eyes adjusted I saw that we were in the middle of a meadow. All kinds of flowers were sprouting from the soft soil. Troye had opened up the trunk of the car and brought out a cute little wicker basket. He then closed the trunk and walked nearer to me, lacing our fingertips the moment we were close enough to do so. I hummed at the warm feeling of his hand that sent shivers up my spine and caused goosebumps to rise on my arms. Troye and I didn't exchange any words as he pulled me along.  We eventually got out so far away from the car that it appeared as an ant. Troye released the grip on my palm and opened the basket, grabbing a large black blanket and spreading it out on top of the grasses and flowers. He then reached for both of my hands and gripped them as we both sat down. I crossed my legs and he bent one leg, letting the other stretch out.

"This is so beautiful," I said.

"Not yet. I will be right back, stay here okay?"

"Oh, alright," I responded a bit confused.

Troye leaned down and kissed one of my hands then stood up and ran off back towards the car. I sat and examined the area, noticing absolutely nothing but the flowers, circling all the way around the spot where we were. Nobody was out here, except us. I thought of the many possible endings to this night and giggled when I thought of one particular thing. It would be perfect, who would catch us? Nobody but the stars, assuming we were staying out here after the sunset. I then sighed again, knowing that was very unlikely to occur but the small possibility still flickered in the back of my mind.

I almost jumped when a saw troye coming back. He had pillows and lights filling his arms. I offered to help but he turned down my offer and began setting everything in it's place. When he was done, there were short garden lights stuck into the ground all around us, not yet lit up because the sun was still high in the sky. There were also pillows on one end of the blanket and there was a small stack of extra blankets.

"Now you can say it's beautiful," Troye smiled, sitting down next to me.

"Woah," was all I managed to get out.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

"Actually yes," I laughed.

Troye reached over to the basket and opened it, revealing some sweets that appeared home made. There were cookies and even two tiny little cakes. One of the cakes had a heart drawn on it with icing. The other had what looked like an attempted cartoon drawing of me. It wasn't that far off aside from the fact that the glasses took over my whole face. I giggled at the site.

"Did you make all of this?" I questioned.

"Yeah. I'm sorry about that cake, I'm not the best at drawing, especially of food."

"Oh my gosh, but you seriously made all of these sweets?"

"Uh, yeah," I could tell he was scared to admit to it, probably assuming I didn't like it.

"Wait, I love it!" I cheered, "That's so sweet of you to do. Thank you Troye," I wrapped my arms around him.

I felt his tension go away and he smiled against my shoulder. I pulled out of the hug and motioned my hand towards the food. Troye nodded his head eagerly and pulled out a box of plastic utensils. I grabbed the cake with me on it, along with a fork and knife. Troye took the other cake and grabbed some utensils as well. I carefully cut a small piece off of the cake and swooped it into my mouth. I let out a small moan at the taste of it. Once I had swallowed the piece I said, "Holy shit Troye this is good," and then cut out another slice.  Troye laughed and ate his cake.