Chapter 6|Thinking

Troye

I set Tyler down in a wheelchair so he doesn't have to stand on his ankle and so I don't have to carry him all the way upstairs. I start pushing him along when my thoughts take over my mind. I'm glad I'm not as injured as Tyler but I wish he didn't take the fall. He doesn't deserve this pain. Yes I've only known him for two days but he's already helped me so much. He already knows and cares about me more than my whole family ever has in the past 18 years. To them everything I do is stupid and I am near worthless. I'm supposed to grow up and be a doctor or a nurse or a psychiatrist or something, just like they are. The truth is I don't want to do any of that. I'm not sure what I want to do exactly but I want to impact people whatever it is. I also want to be me and I want to enjoy doing the task at hand. I don't want to be unhappy all of the time like all of these people that hate their jobs and get paid close to nothing. That life sounds miserable and I don't want to take part in it.

I fade back into reality when the elevator dings. I wheel Tyler upstairs where my mother has prepared a room for him. Hopefully. My mom might not be reliable at home but she does take her job seriously. If she doesn't she could get fired but she can't be fire from being my mom, sadly. If that was possible, I would've fired her already.

I continue to push Tyler down the hall and I see many people pass. I see people crying and people joyful, people alone and people with big crowds. The many people vary and not two people are completely alike. I think about Tyler and I. We aren't very similar yet we aren't complete opposites. I wouldn't picture us ending badly in a relationship but then again, who am I to assume things? Maybe he's straight, no I don't think so. I don't like stereotyping people but the way he acts and dresses it just, I don't know, it seems like he might be gay. He seems like he might go for the guys, I've observed him checking me out a few times but I've never seen him lay eyes on a girl in a "checking you out" manner. Maybe I'm just imagining this though because I like him. I want him to like me back. I guess he wouldn't of said he was falling for me if he wasn't. Then again, maybe he just wanted to make me happy. I don't know how someone could fake that emotion though. It seems to hard to do.

My thoughts are interrupted by Tyler yelling, "Oh fucking shit!" and earning many harsh glares. I immediately question him with, "What's wrong?" "My glasses, I forgot my damn glasses. They will be ruined and I will be killed." He huffs. I relax and slide my hand under my jumper to pull his glasses out from the pocket in my t-shirt. I lightly place them over his face and continue along with pushing him in the wheelchair. "Oh, thanks," he says, now more relaxed. I just sigh happily and hum along to some song I've had stuck in my head. "Are you a singer? You seem like a singer, and a good one too!" Tyler asks. "It's complicated." I say back uncertainly. I wouldn't really consider myself a singer but I would like to do some singing in the future. "Sometime you should sing me something!" He cheers. "Uh I'm not sure but I guess, maybe?" I reply. "Yay, okay," he beams. "How are you so cheery when we are in a hospital, and you have just been beat up?" I ask. "Oh well you see I am in pain and I hate this and I hate being here but there's no need to complain and make it worse. If I try to be happy I can almost forgot why we are here and the pain subsides a little bit but if I'm focused on the amount of pain I'm in and why we are really here, then it all seems worse." I ponder about this answer. It makes sense. Tyler makes sense. Why drag yourself down and make things worse when you can make things better? This is why I like him. He is simple yet complex but in the best way. "I like that," I say.

I finally see my mother walking around. She is searching for something or maybe someone. I knew that someone was me the second our eyes connected. Her eyebrows flicked up and she started running towards Tyler and I. "Who's that?" Tyler question. "That'd be my mother." I replied flatly. She looked so stupid running over to us. We were going to get to her no matter what, she didn't need to run. When she reached us, she stopped and stared at Tyler. "The room is right over here," she pointed towards a door, not taking her eyes off of Tyler. His eyes seemed to be focused on her eyes as well. What were they saying through this stare? Are they even capable of speaking without words this early? My thoughts took over once again when I realized Tyler was already heading towards the room. My mom had taken the wheelchair and was now pushing him through the opening in the door. I was dumbfounded, questioning how she was able to take him from me that quick, without me even being aware of the situation. Without wasting any more time, I rush to the door.