Welcome to Busan

When her mother opened the apartment door, it felt like someone wrapped a warm blanket around her shoulders. Y/n hadn't realized how much she had missed her, since she had moved to Busan. Her mother had left after y/ns father had died, or more precise since Nan-gam and y/ns mother had stopped dating. Because of school and later Uni y/n had stayed in Seoul. So they hadn't seen each other in person for nearly three years now. Not because it wouldn't have been possible to travel from one city to another during a weekend or for a holiday. But because both of them had been fighting their own personal battles, they kinda had avoided each others presence.

Now there was no avoidance anymore. Instantly they fell into each other's arms. „Oh y/n, it's so nice to see you."

„Hi mom", y/n said. She had missed that smell. Her mothers sense made her feel like home. Nothing else was able to make her feel that way.

The rest of the day they spent talking about the past, but also the present and the future. Of course they talked about y/ns dad. Y/n also told her mother about Uni and her mother told her about her new job. She had taken up a position at a huge economic company. Then y/n talked about her plans after Uni, about the countries she wanted to travel to after her graduation.

The only thing y/n didn't mention was what she was going through with Bin and Tang. That was nothing she could ever tell her mother, nothing she could ever tell anyone. Although her mother knew what y/n had done to her father...

A little later, after a few sips of wine, y/ns mother asked her daughter about Nan-gam. At first y/n didn't want to answer. But wasn't it just normal that her mother asked about her ex boyfriend? „I think he's good. Working hard just like he always did. He actually asked about you too when I brought him lunch once."

„That's nice", her mother said. She seemed a little lost in her own thoughts. „So you brought him lunch?"

„I don't do that often...", y/n instantly started to justify herself. But her mother wasn't bothered by it. „No it's fine don't worry. I'm glad there is an adult near you, that has an eye on you."

„What, why? Don't you trust me?", y/n pretended to be offended what made her mother laugh. But then y/n remember how she watched Tang killing people and shut her mouth. If her mother knew the whole truth about y/ns current life she had every reason not to trust her.

After her mother went to bed y/n wasn't able to fall asleep too. Somehow her thoughts always found their way to Tang. She knew he was here, of course she did. But why did it matter? She wanted to visit her mom. Coming to Busan had nothing to do with him.

Still she wanted to know how he was doing, where he was, who he was with. She really needed to know. So she put on her shoes and a jacket, grabbed the keys and her phone, and left the apartment.

It wasn't hard to find him. Bin always had access to Tangs location. And what Bin knew, y/n knew too.

When she arrived at the supermarket she stopped a few meters away from the entrance. She wanted to get an overview of the situation before saying Hello. And what she discovered seemed so peaceful, so she didn't want to interrupt.

She recognized Tang, although she only saw him from behind. Next to him there stood a young woman. They shared a lighter, then smoked together and talked a little. Maybe Tang found a friend her, maybe he found a girl her. Somehow it felt weird to watch him. Y/n had watched him many times before. But this time it felt like watching him in a new situation. This had nothing to do with any murders. So she turned around and walked away.