My Decision

The next stop on their way to freedom was at a shady dentist. Bin had found out a few things a few years ago that the doctor was covering up. Since then, Bin basically had the man in his hands.

Of course the doctor wasn't happy about their appearance. Nevertheless, he contacted someone to help them. They waited for almost an hour before someone else came into the doctors office.

Two men approached them in the waiting room. One with a hat and a long beard, the other with dark skin. They placed a map on the table in front of the seating. Then they showed possible routes they could take when escaping Korea.

"A fast boat is of course much more expensive, but safer," said the one with the hat. Bin, who was sitting opposite the two, thought about it. "What would be a cheaper option?"

"You could take a slower boat, but then you would have to switch here," the other man now showed a point on the map. Y/n and Tang, who were standing behind Bin, now leaned forward to see something.

"But two boats means two trips, so double the price," one of the men said again. Y/n was slowly getting tired of it. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Y/n!" Bin hissed at her warningly. But by then the dark-skinned man had already jumped up and grabbed y/n. "Listen, Miss. A little more respect, if I may ask. Otherwise we'll end this here really quickly."

Without batting an eyelid, y/n held the man's gaze, which didn't help de-escalate things. So Tang finally grabbed the man's arm and pulled him away from y/n. "She understood!"

"Oh, did she?", the man now asked challengingly. "And who are you? Her protector?"

Tang didn't answer to that. So Bin started talking. "We are all interested in an agreement. Please excuse the two of them, this situation is causing stress for all of us."

The two men gave y/n another warning look, but then they actually found the route and boat for them. Half an hour later the three friends were back in their car. They parked the car at the next bus station.

Suddenly Bin's cell phone rang. He got out of the car. With a questioning look, Tang turned to the back seat, but y/n just shrugged her shoulders cluelessly. So she looked out the window to the back and watched Bin talking on the phone.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Tang rummaging through the glove compartment. So she leaned forward. "What are you doing?"

Tang had Bin's second cell phone in his hand. "He always knows where I am. I also want to know where he is."

"Fair point," y/n nodded and let Tang do whatever he was doing. And it was worth it. Because when Bin came back, he suggested that they split up. He didn't answer y/n and Tang's questions. So they agreed, to meet at the harbor at 2 o'clock. Then Bin went alone while Tang and y/n stayed together.

"What do you think?", Tang wanted to know. Y/n shook her head. "I hope he's not hiding anything."

When they reached the port, Bin was not there. And when a stranger came to them, he gave them only two traveling papers. Tang shook his head. "No, but we need three..."

But the man simply left again. Y/n watched him go with wide eyes. "This can't be!"

The two found an open door and retreated to some sort of closet to hide. Unless they were on the ship, they had to be careful.

As they looked more closely at their papers, a separate folded piece of paper fell out of Tangs. Y/n picked it up and handed it to Tang.

"Tang I unfortunately can't join you. I'm sorry, I wasn't honest about that. Don't worry because I won't come with you. You are the one with the superpowers, so listen to your gut. If you do that everything will turn out just fine and you and y/n will be okay. Take good care of her, be there for each other," Tang read from the paper.

"Are you fucking kidding me?", y/n stared at the letter in disbelief. Although when she thought about it, it wasn't really surprising. Stupid Bin, this was not the time to play the hero.

When Tang turned to the door, y/n already suspected what he was planning to do. She had felt a similar impulse. But she had to check whether he was sure. "Do you really want to do this?"

"Y/n, I've never been self-determined. Or maybe I just gave others the power, maybe I didn't want to decide. But now I want to go to Roh Bin."

She nodded. "All right, then let's go."

They left the storage room. Outside, Tang jumped onto a lone scooter. Y/n got on the back and wrapped her arms around his torso. As Tang started the engine, they heard screaming behind them, but Tang didn't stop.

However, their vehicle soon broke down, so they continued on foot. Tang ran like crazy, y/n had a hard time keeping up. When they got back to the bus station, they got into the car that they had left there a few hours ago.

As they drove off, y/n knew they had done the right thing. They couldn't leave without Bin.

"Check my phone," Tang now directed her. "What does his location say?"

Y/n did as he said. "If your phone is right, we are going to Osan."