Chapter one: Onyx Ring

A/n: I hate writing in third POV but shadow slave won't be shadow slave without the third POV. Prove me wrong ;)

Third Pov:

A large and lonesome dark temple stood tall against the raging winds. illuminated by the moonlight, Its colossal black columns and walls gave an eerie atmosphere as it was cut from black marble, with exquisite reliefs decorating the stygian pediment and broad frieze. Jagged and proud, it imitated a fearsome and dreadful aura. On the last standing peak of the mountain range.

Cutting the night sky with the sharp edges of its half-broken watchtower. A radiant half-hidden red moon bathed its slopes in a ghostly crimson light. Under that light, walked a slender young man wearing a dark buttered mantle, his porcelain face riddled with gashes and wounds, drowning in the shadows. His lightless eyes were like two pools of unfathomable darkness, cold and piercing, yet broken and fragile. There was a crown of black metal resting on his head, shaped to resemble a twisting serpent. the young man's looks matched the gloominess of the scene: wounded and staggering, bloodied and half dead.

The young man looked like a walking corpse. As his mantle shrunk and dissolved into his skin. His tunic and cloak were torn and smeared with blood. His sunken eyes were cloudy and lifeless. His body was bruised, stabbed, and cut. There were specks of bloody foam on his lips. He was hunched over, cradling the left side of his chest while leaning on his steed. Each step caused him to moan, ragged breath barely escaping through gritted teeth.

Sunny was hurting all over.

He was Both mentally and physically exhausted.

And to top it all he was emotionally drained.

He just wanted to lie down on the flat rocky steps in front of the dark temple and fall asleep and never wake up again. But instead, he continued walking forward nevertheless.

Although There was no point in it he just didn't want his pursuer to have the satisfaction of catching him.

After all, he was spiteful by nature.

Especially toward the creature that snatched away everything he ever loved from him.

Gallup

Gallup

Gallup

Step

Step

Step

Looking ahead, the scene felt oddly familiar. Sunny gritted his teeth and took a step forward toward the terrifying temple.

Soon enough he reached the door of the temple which was slightly open. His survival instincts screamed out danger, but with nowhere else to go he had no choice but to venture into the maw of whatever abomination resided there.

Exactly five steps away from the slit of the magnificent temple door. Sunny took a deep breath, the temple turned out to be much larger than Sunny had thought, but nowhere near the scale of the Crimson Spire. That cursed thing seemed to be too gargantuan to even exist.

The door alone was around eight to twelve meters in height and four to six meters in width. Not to mention that the door itself looked at least a couple of inches thick. Its surface was riddled With an uncountable number of runes chaotically.

Whatever was residing there Sunny was going to face it or die trying. As time passed his shadow senses were narrowing at a terrifying speed indicating that the clutches of his pursuer were closing down on him while getting closer and closer.

Sunny looked to his side, toward his trustworthy steed with a pained expression. His steed was as stubborn and resilient as his master was, despite his horrible injuries he refused to fall. A hoarse laugh escaped his bloodied lips.